What LED optics for my 40g Breader?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i want to get a single LED pendent (One of the ebay ones) but I dont know if its best for me to have 90 or 120 degree optics. I have SPS in the top center of my tank, LPS in the middle level in the center of the tank and Zoas and softies on the outside of the tank. I will hang the light above the tank and i can hang it as high as is needed above the tank. i just want it to look good and support the tank. Maybe I need 2 and im fooling myself in thinking one will be fine.

still trying to figure this out and having a hard time. I am thinking id need to go with 90degree optics beings its not going to hang in a canopy but ill have to hang it rather high up to light the whole area. However i could keep it closer to the water if I use a 120degree optics so honestly I am still lost as ever. I just dont know what route to take :(

2 of them would be too much IMO. 1 is all you need, provided you hang it high enough. No optics. You definitely do not need them, and they may limit the reach of the fixture to the outer corners of the tank.

2 of them would be too much IMO. 1 is all you need, provided you hang it high enough. No optics. You definitely do not need them, and they may limit the reach of the fixture to the outer corners of the tank.

Ok cool ty! I think ill just snag a normal dimmable version then. Any better place to get them then Ebay?

I've seen them on Amazon.com also. ReefBreeders sells them, but they are the multicolored ones. He does offer a warranty, and if something happens, you won't have to ship your unit back to China...but you'll have to work out the color thing with him. You could probably request that he replace the reds with royal blues.

I've seen them on Amazon.com also. ReefBreeders sells them, but they are the multicolored ones. He does offer a warranty, and if something happens, you won't have to ship your unit back to China...but you'll have to work out the color thing with him. You could probably request that he replace the reds with royal blues.

Arnt reef builders all 90 degree optics?

Agreed. You definitely don't need the extra colors. Acclimate your corals well. This is a potent fixture.

Agreed. You definitely don't need the extra colors. Acclimate your corals well. This is a potent fixture.

yeah iv been thought the process before with my 75g. I am using 4x T5ho's that are right above the tank. So i think it will ok as long as i do it slow.

Back
Top Bottom