What skimmer should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmac

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's a good skimmer for a 125 gallon aquarium?

Brand?
Model number?
Price?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Is this a reef tank? fish only? What is your stocking as far as fish? Are you running a sump, and if so how big is the skimmer compartment?

It's a fowlr now but will be a reef tank. No stock yet but not going crazy with stocking. I do have a sump and the skimmer compartment is 18x11 inches.

I have several tanks and what worked best on my 125g reef was the eshopps skimmer. I would look at the eshopps psk 200. About $200 or so I;d say, maybe a bit less. reef octopus is also a good skimmer but I believe you'd be spending more money.

I have several tanks and what worked best on my 125g reef was the eshopps skimmer. I would look at the eshopps psk 200. About $200 or so I;d say, maybe a bit less. reef octopus is also a good skimmer but I believe you'd be spending more money.

Money is no problem as long as what I buy is worth it.

It has to be an in sump protein skimmer

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I bought a Bubble Magus Curve 7 a few months ago and absolutely love it! The curve 7 runs a ROCK pump whereas the one X posted runs an ATMAN pump.

Just pay attention to the amount of air they pull. That's what's important with skimmers. The more air, the more bubbles, the more organics you will remove.

Thanks X. I like the sound of the 180ex

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

well this is crap, i did some researching on the curve 7's rock sp-200 pump and im coming up with air draw at 450L/h... can someone verify that? if thats a true number i need to look at upgrading the pump on my curve 7

and the crappy part is that since they are housed inside the body of the skimmer, idk if i can swap them.. guess ill find out

Back
Top Bottom