What to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbc14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 14 gallon Biocube with a maroon clown, BTA, open brain coral, xenia, and a tube coral. I am getting ready to replace my lights and i am not sure which one's to get. They have actinic, 10,000K, and 50/50's. I have two light slots so i need to pick two of them. does anyone have any recommendations?

I have a 125 gallon reef and I run the super actinic and 50/50 bulbs on my VHO system. I think that lighting is pleasing to the eye as well as good for the fish and corals.

Currently i have the 10,000K and the actinic, if i switch the 10,000k for the 50/50 bulb and keep the actinic do you think my corals will be receiving enough high intensity light?

Thanks, i have always liked the 50/50's but i thought they weren't giving enough light to my corals. i think i'l go for them.

I went to go buy the bulbs and i wasn't sure wether to get: 2 50/50's or 1 Actinic and 1 50/50? if u do suggest the 2 50/50's, i currently have a dawn/day/dusk effect and would not be sure what the time frame would be for the light timers.

Back
Top Bottom