What type of light legs do i need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
I all i need legs for my light, but the fixture is unknown to me. Its a power compact. I only want the light about 2" above the tank so i can DIY my own lid. Here are pics, and links to legs would be great!

If your into diy stuff and have access to a mill or maybe a router you should be able to make one your self. Or just hang it from the top your making or maybe add a lip you can set it on.

Josh1158 said:
If your into diy stuff and have access to a mill or maybe a router you should be able to make one your self. Or just hang it from the top your making or maybe add a lip you can set it on.

Hmm im not sure how this would work. I dont have access to a router, but i could try. Any way i could make legs another way? How would i attatch them?

Is there a brand name that you can find on the fixture?

As an aside, your bulbs look like strong candidates for replacement. Intensity lessens and spectrum shifts in old bulbs, and old bulbs can lead to algae issues.

severum mama said:
Is there a brand name that you can find on the fixture?

As an aside, your bulbs look like strong candidates for replacement. Intensity lessens and spectrum shifts in old bulbs, and old bulbs can lead to algae issues.

I have been looking and i cant find anything out. I think the old owner mentioned coralife?

That has been another question actually! Where can i buy some an how much do they usually cost?

I think he meant to hang it inside your canopy you plan to build. Another option is to hang it from your ceiling and leave the canopy off.

kdpuffer said:
I think he meant to hang it inside your canopy you plan to build. Another option is to hang it from your ceiling and leave the canopy off.

Inside my canopy?

The lid you said you were going to make. I thought you ment canopy

Power compact bulbs are expensive, at least in my book. I have a 34 inch one I think and there just under 80 bucks ! The lfs said I should just switch to t5's. There more efficient and I don't have to change all the bulbs at the same time.

Josh1158 said:
The lid you said you were going to make. I thought you ment canopy

Power compact bulbs are expensive, at least in my book. I have a 34 inch one I think and there just under 80 bucks ! The lfs said I should just switch to t5's. There more efficient and I don't have to change all the bulbs at the same time.

I was going to make a sliding glass lid actually.

Really?:( dang

Well if you are doing glass lids that eliminates the canopy mounting option. I'm thinking you could pick up some angle bracket, L shaped I'm thinking. Get a suitable size and mount it to the ends of the light. It looks like it has holes that can be used to mount it. You shouldn't need anything heavy duty and you can paint it black so it blends in better.

kdpuffer said:
Well if you are doing glass lids that eliminates the canopy mounting option. I'm thinking you could pick up some angle bracket, L shaped I'm thinking. Get a suitable size and mount it to the ends of the light. It looks like it has holes that can be used to mount it. You shouldn't need anything heavy duty and you can paint it black so it blends in better.

Yea, i am thinking this! Where should i get the stand/legs?

Im cycling at the moment, but i am
Definitly planning on low-light coral only for a long time

I have no idea. There are 2 different model number there and it lists models of lights they fit. I would think if your light is similar in size to one listed you would be good to go. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom