whats a good power head for a 30g.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am looking at a wave maker for my 30g but dont want to get the powerhads to strong. i am thinking of the maixijet 600's x3 or the maxi jet 900's x3. i was leaning to the 900's b/c with the wave maker all the jets wont be on at the same time. so there for i might not get the turn over i need.
what do u think i should do?

i just got the maxi jet 600's
i bought the system with 3 powerheads and a wavemaster pro. is that ok? i did not want to push to much water. i think with the 600's , i turn over my water 16times but with the 900's i turn it over like 21-24 times. i thought that might be a little to much for some corals that dont need strong water movement. should i return the 600's for the 900's?

I assume with the wave maker no more then 2 would be on at the same time and with the 600's that would be 320 gph (for 2) or around 11 times turn over and for the 900's it's 460 gph or around 15 times turn over.

Even with all 3 900's going a 23 times turnover is not too much for most corals.

ok we got a problem. dr.fosersmith wont change my order. i called them and they said i would have to send it back and then they would send me another one. after a restock fee. i never had these problems with them befor. they have always been nice. would the 600's do fine or since i dont have a filter puhing water just my cpr refuge should i get the 900's. if i dont have to i dont want to. just let me know. please

The 600 ph should be fine IMO. Just make sure you have adequate surface agitation for good oxygen exchange.

Back
Top Bottom