Where to buy 20,000k t5 ho bulbs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EG617

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do anyone know where i can get my hands on 20,000k t5 ho bulbs?? i know aqua lux lighting use to carry them before they went out of business

Alrite Dskid thanks for the help. Hopefully this bulb will give me a blueish tint instead of purple.

Have you tried an actinic 03 bulb? They are supposed to more narrowly foccus thier light spectrum. That 20k bulb has a 400-500 nm spectrum.

No i havent, the super actinics are the only one ive tried so far i heard they were suppose to be good but i dont know since i dont have anything to compare it with. Im currently running 2 super actinics and 2 aquablue special, Which one do you think i should swap out?

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/12520/cid/1156
"Aquablue bulbs are 60% actinic blue and 40% white spectrum lamps with a color temperature of 11,000K"

Is your setup wired in such a way that you can run just two of the bulbs at a time?
I'm curious if your "purple" lighting is too much blue, or an out of range blue.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but isn't 20k even more blue?

Have you tried your local lighting/electrical store? I'm not sure about vho's, but my local lighting store orders reg flourescent Phillips actinic03 bulbs for me.

Back
Top Bottom