where to buy ro/Di units

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew McFadden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I need to buy an ro/Di unit and had a place bookmarked but at some point it got deleted. Now I don't remember the name of the online store. The ones I was looking at looked good and was somewhat cheap for a unit. I'm planning on checking Craigslist after this post but would prefer a new one. So have at it and shot me some links please :)

Andrew McFadden said:
Ok I need to buy an ro/Di unit and had a place bookmarked but at some point it got deleted. Now I don't remember the name of the online store. The ones I was looking at looked good and was somewhat cheap for a unit. I'm planning on checking Craigslist after this post but would prefer a new one. So have at it and shot me some links please :)

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/bulk-...d-systems/brs-5-stage-ro-di-system-75gpd.html this is the one I ordered, it was only like $145 group buy price :)

Andrew McFadden said:
Is there a special filter that removes ammonia from the tap that hooks to it?

Idk?! Haven't got it yet... Suppose to get it today :) I posted it on my sw thread and everybody said it was good so I got it... Also ordered a Tds meter and flush kit for it.

If you were looking at something like purewaterclub, I'd keep looking. Get a good unit like the BRS unit, buckey field supply, vertex puratek, spectrapure, or melevsreef (just to name the more common units). BRS probably has the best bang for the buck, especially if you get in on a group buy.

mfdrookie516 said:
If you were looking at something like purewaterclub, I'd keep looking. Get a good unit like the BRS unit, buckey field supply, vertex puratek, spectrapure, or melevsreef (just to name the more common units). BRS probably has the best bang for the buck, especially if you get in on a group buy.

How do I do a group buy? Never done that before I always just buy lol ;)

Will the one Jess posted remove ammonia from tap or is there another filter that hooks up to it?

Maybe ill just call a plumber and have them put a whole house one in.

Purewaterclub was the name of it I figured they would be junk because of the price

Last edited:
RO/DI units will remove chloramine, which is where your ammonia is coming from. They make special chloramine specific units, but mine was a standard RO/DI and did fine with my tap which had chloramine in it.

To get in on a group buy, check the hardware forum every so often. There's generally one every 2 weeks or so on here.

mfdrookie516 said:
RO/DI units will remove chloramine, which is where your ammonia is coming from. They make special chloramine specific units, but mine was a standard RO/DI and did fine with my tap which had chloramine in it.

To get in on a group buy, check the hardware forum every so often. There's generally one every 2 weeks or so on here.

Gotcha tanks

mfdrookie516 said:

You might be able to get in on the one going, I seem last week someone joined late...

Back
Top Bottom