Where to buy white silica sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so I'm new to using sand, I have been using gravel which I recently sold as I prefer the look of sand. I've done my research and concluded that white silica sand is best for me considering budget (I'm 15, so this is important!), appearance and compatibility with my fish (I have silver sharks, clown loaches, red tailed black sharks, guppies and tetras). I've been searching the web and fund a large range of different prices and understandably (considering the weight) postage costs. I need to purchase around at-least 15KG/30lbs. I live in Chorley (North west England) and I can't really travel far, so unless it's literally around the corner, the internet is the only viable option. So please can I have some links to reliable websites for purchasing sand under these requirements? Thanks, please list any websites even if they're not ideal. Thanks for all and any help :)

Check out pool filter sand..I dont have any websites.. im just going to get it at a pool/spa store when i need it.. Its real cheap too.. maybe 5-10 dollars for 50 lbs..i hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom