Which canister do you think I should go with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Canister do you recommend I get?

• RENA Filstar XP3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fluval 404

• Penn Plax Cascade 1200

• Total voters

Andos99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am eager to set up my 180 gal that is in storage, but I have to wait until I move which isn't until in September. SO.....in the meantime, I want to get a jump start and begin seeding a canister filter now with my 50 gal and I will buy a second one once I get my big tank rolling. All three options are about the same price with similar power. I want to know what you guys think between these three brands. Thanks!!

I've got an XP2 on my 55 Gal . . .and I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT . . . .so I obviously voted XP3 . . . .can't go XP wrong, my friend . . . and good luck with your tank.

We're looking into buying a house this summer, and one of the first things I want to do is an in-wall tank of at least 150 gal . . . .let me know how things go for you!

XP3 all the way but I'd have to assume with a 180 gallon that you would need two or three of them running!!

Wow....the vote seems pretty unanimous thus far.....I think I'll take a look online tonight and see if I can't line up one to begin cycling....I'm so excited!

Ok, you guys talked me into it. I just ordered the XP3 from BigAls. $94 bucks with free shipping.....best deal I could find. Thanks for everyones input. I just hope I can find another one for cheap when I need it!

Big Al's is probably the best price around. could try Ebay as well. Sometimes you might be able to swing a good deal.

Could even do an XP2 with the XP3 instead of 2 XP3's, if you want to save a little money. :)

Back
Top Bottom