which is best to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choupic

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gal Tank, Doing a reef tank no corals till later.
I have a Skimmer Question.
Which setup should i use A

1. bakp-pak 2r shimmer + fliter and pre skimmer

2 AquaC Remora w/ MJ 1200 Protein Skimmer with a Aqua-tech 30-60 power filter (came With tank)

I will be adding 60lbs base rock (hirocks.com) and 20lbs of live rock Lfs.
I will have a 2-3'' sand bottom.

Hara said:
I like the aquamedic turbofloater multi.
Which one and what size tank do you use it on? Prices range from $130-$500.
Seems like a nicely designed skimmer but I’m always frustrated by claims of “good for tanks 30-250 gal”. Seems like quite a range but manufactures usually do over estimate. At least it uses needle wheel technology which seems do better then the venturi style.

I believe it is the multi 1000. I have two in operation, one on my 110 gal eel tank and the other on my 175 bow reef.

Thanks Hara. Is this claim “Two outflow boxes direct water back to the aquarium or sump, while eliminating any leftover bubbles.” on www.drsfostersmith.com pretty accurate? (at least after break in) I was given the cheaper Coralife Super skimmer for X-mas and while I’m happy with it I’m always on the lookout for a better one that won’t break the bank :D

TIA

Well I weighed my options and I think im going the bak-pak 2r. I can get it for $130.00 after shipping.I may upgrade later and sell this one.

Thank for all the help.
Just trying to get it running

:D :D

Back
Top Bottom