which light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
i only have 2 hours till the 1st one ends so quick replies will be appreciated

for my 29 gallon tank
either a aqualight 24" 130 watt
or a jebo t5 48 watt?

at positives or negatives of each?

i was thinking about like 65 watts and 65 actinic but.. i guess you can do a 24 actinic and 24 10k?

I'm don't know that much about lighting, just that anything over 2 wpg is supposed to give you bad algae problems, unless you plan on using CO2. Maybe someone else can give advice.

No atinic will not get you algae. Well then, I guess it would be okay (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

2.5 actually a little less for CF is when you start gettin algae problems with plants without plenty of CO2.. then ferts.. and antic does add to the equasion but only a very little.. If your close to the 2.5 wpg of correct spectrum lighting, dont add more light with atinic unless you have CO2.. and dont add more antinic when your close to 1wpg in a fish only tank.. does this help? I know Im a bit late in the responce.. 8)

hmm i have some java fern, a little riccia, dwarf nymphaea apogoton and an amazon sword. unless the price on this one goes up ill probally go with the 48 watt? but the only problem with that is it comes with like 1 10k and 1 actinic. and that'll put me at less than 1 wpg :(

im thinking of adding some dwarf hairgrass, some hydrocoytle versillata and some other plants.

Back
Top Bottom