Which Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aqua C Remora Pro w/mag 3 pump. Might want to run two, or one, as long as you keep up with your water changes and maintenance. I would suggest you wait till you get your plumbing up... can save tons of money and worry in the future. ;)

Sump is the way for big tanks! :lol:

I agree sump is great to have. I have a lifereef system and it works great. I never touch my skimmer and it is always producing some nasty black skimmate. Once I set the water level in it I was done and it has been working great since.

Would you like a nice paperweight? :lol:

I had a seaclone... hated it... returned it straight away. Some people like them, some people say that they're good but require a lot of upkeep (like daily fine tuning). Most people say the same thing about prisms as well. I wouldn't skimp on the skimmer... but that's just me. It's really up to you.

A Seaclone will already set you back at least $100 if bought from an online dealer, so why not spend $200 for a quality skimmer that's tried, tested, widely approved of, and will save you hassle? $200... that's like... one starbucks latte twice a week. Or one combo meal at McDonalds once a week for a year. I could throw that into a tank easy :lol:

Yea I got a seaclone, Its cheap but i got what i paid for it. Im waiting on another one that should be coming in the mail. This is an item that you shouldnt skip out on, skimmers are "Gods gift to our hobby" as a fellow AA peep said.

Opps Im not waiting on another seaclone, This one's a berlin hopefully it works better.

fishfirst said:
what about seaclone skimmers, or prisms?

None of their skimmers are remotely large enough for a tank that size. Yes, the prism claims 'for 100 gallon tanks'. That's pure marketing BS. Trust me...I wasted $80 on a prism for a 40gallon tank, and it didn't do much. Spent another $120 for a CPR bak-pak, and pulled 4 times the amount of skimmate that the CPR did. Luckily I sold the prism for $40...so at the end of the day, $160 spent...about the normal retail for a CPR.

Seaclones are better, because they can be modified and made to work better...but are still totally undersized for a 125gal setup.

An ASM G1X would be perfect and is right around $200 after your discount. The ASMS skime the same as the euroreefs for alot less money.

Back
Top Bottom