Which Sump Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hodges

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How high are you pumping the water up to get back into your tank. If you are wanting 300gph at that height then the Mag3 will not work for you. You may need to go with a mag5. I don't know much about the pumps in the links I have MAG pumps and I love them they work very well. Look at this http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/brandcategory.asp?brandID=DM&catID=wp
Click on one of the pumps and it will give you the head height chart. That may help you out.

I'm useing the quiet one 1200 on my FW wet/dry and it seems to be working good at a 4' hieght

Like Ziggy said you have to factor head height into the equation. If the pump is a little too powerful it's easy to dial it down using a "T" and a ball valve.

Cool thanks for the Fast Post!!

P.S. It will be pumping up to 4 feet.

P.S. It will be pumping up to 4 feet.
There are "head loss" calculators available online. That will help you determine the correct size pump you need to get the output you want at 4'. As I said it's better to be a little over than under regarding flow. Over is easily corrected.

Back
Top Bottom