White powder mold on tank lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blahblahblah

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been dealing with white powder mold all over the inside of my tank lid. I keep wiping it off and it keeps coming back. Can I use bleach on it or will it be to dangerous for my fish?

Is there some ventilation open spaces for the air to circulate? Or is it closed off so aqua critters can not escape?

One thing if you use bleach water, water gets trapped often in the plastic like hinges for the back and front glass pieces and could drip bleach water into the tank.

I wouldn’t. Bleach is chlorine I believe which is lethal to fish and BB

It's a closed lid with a opening for a handle, another for the heater cord and one for the pump. There's moisture on the lid all the time.

The *soloution* would be to provide air flow, but without knowing your setup and probably seeing it I dont want to say more than that. If your going to clean rhings that will most likely going to be in contact with your fish in some way I would only use vinegar, NON IODIZED salt & peroxide. Always rinse well no matter what you use.

Back
Top Bottom