Woot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting... that seller is using the picture straight off the MarineDepot website. (The Fins, Furs, & Feathers, Inc. watermark)

LOL, no, this is to replace my old nova extreme. I changed out the bulbs a while ago (right after lights out) and the endcaps were still hot, so they cracked (totally my fault). I am now down to 1 flickering daylight and the blues work most of the time. I noticed last night the LEDs no longer work (not sure how this happened). I checked out the pro and it lacks the LEDs, but it looks like it has better construction (the nova has 4 flimsy legs), the pro has a better mounting unit and the "contured" reflectors (not the parabolic like the tek-systems). I was looking at the tek systems, but you have to buy the mounts, fans, bulbs and even the splash guard....I really wanted to get the LED lighting system (pfolighting), but I think I will wait a year or two for the prices to drop.

LOL! I have my 125 just sitting with some rock and sand, I cycled it a little over a year ago and now it is just sitting there. I guess I have "writer's block" on how I want to set up the aquascape amd the sump.

...I was looking at the tek systems, but you have to buy the mounts, fans, bulbs and even the splash guard....I really wanted to get the LED lighting system (pfolighting), but I think I will wait a year or two for the prices to drop....

Hmmm... good to know about the fans being priced separate. I knew the mounts and splash guards were "add-ons", but the fans too? Sheesh.

LOL! I have my 125 just sitting with some rock and sand, I cycled it a little over a year ago and now it is just sitting there. I guess I have "writer's block" on how I want to set up the aquascape amd the sump.

I hear this low roaring chant of "reef, reef, reef, reef, reef, reef..." echoing across America as people read this. Really, I do.

Just an FYI, from what I hear the Nova Extremes are now shipping with individual reflectors

Just an FYI, from what I hear the Nova Extremes are now shipping with individual reflectors

Not exactly, the nova extreme PROs have one reflector, but they are contoured around each bulb (not to get confused with a true parbolic reflector), unless I missed something, the plain nova extremes are the same as I have now.

I have blue LEDs and resistors for 12V system if you want to DIY your moonlights. I've done this on 2 fixtures, works well. 5mm flat LEDs at 100 degree wide angle, with 8000mcd IIRC.

Holy crap. You have a $1200 fixture just sitting around for a year? In my house I would have been sleeping with the fishes and the dog, cat and light fixture would have had my side of the bed.

Lemme know when you wanna sell it.......... used :)

holy crap. You have a $1200 fixture just sitting around for a year? In my house i would have been sleeping with the fishes and the dog, cat and light fixture would have had my side of the bed.

Lemme know when you wanna sell it.......... Used :)

lol!

Not exactly, the nova extreme PROs have one reflector, but they are contoured around each bulb (not to get confused with a true parbolic reflector), unless I missed something, the plain nova extremes are the same as I have now.

I'm not exactly sure what your implying? I never said "parabolic", and I did speak correctly and say that they are now coming with individual reflectors, thats the wording they used. It does look to be one reflector that is curved around each bulb, similar to the PRO model.

Actually the exact quote is
New individual "true" single lamp reflectors
and
A few hobbyists have already tested the new reflector using a PAR meter versus our older models, the new reflector design increased the light output by 20%
And they are coming with an exhaust fan now also

Read for yourself, was debuted at MACNA
Ike's Blog

I stand corrected, thanks for the info and link, Speed! I was clarifying to everyone about the true parabolic vs the curved reflectors.

so what are you going to do with the old nova extreme? care to donate it to the needy? i have a 75 gallon just waiting for a light fixture so it can get planted.

so what are you going to do with the old nova extreme? care to donate it to the needy? i have a 75 gallon just waiting for a light fixture so it can get planted.

I think it is already spoken for.

Well, Kurt isn't parting with any frags so I was kinda counting on you roka for some.....c'mon, you really should get that reef tank going. Think of all the enjoyment it would give you. It would be so relaxing to watch the corals sway gently......<insert subliminal message now--you need a reef tank>

LOL, I do have to recycle my tank! Maybe with the cold winter months I can get a good aquascape going and then get some corals!

Back
Top Bottom