XP3 Scare!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Normally when I get home I dilly dally around the house for an hour or so before going to check on the fish. Today for whatever reason I decided to go down right away and I'm very thankful that I did! All I could hear was this load rattling noise coming from under the fish tank. When I opened the door I found water leaking out of my XP3 filter. The water was leaking from where the cord comes out of the filter.

I immediately unplugged it, disconnected it, and brought it to the sink in my basement (pretty cool that I have a sink right outside my room!) Apparently something had obstructed or knocked the impeller loose. After I rinsed everything and went through the priming process again it's working perfectly fine.

Have any of you experienced this? What do you do to ensure it doesn't continue to be a problem?

I have never experienced this since I do not own an XP3 but I hear it is a common problem.

had my xp3 for over a year and never had any problems with it... Other than it does get a bit of air in it every so often. (usually right after having it empty for cleaning) I just unplug it and wait a couple minutes and its fine.

I bought a cascade 700 offa fella on here and when I hooked it up it leaked around the intake on the filter, so I took it apart and put some teflon tape around it and it wors great now

i have an xp3 and the first night it leaked several gallons of water from the quick disconnect on my wifes two day old brand new carpet. had two totally drain the tank and take out 100lbs of sand before i could move the stand out and dry the carpet. it took two days to dry the carpet, my wife was so pissed. after the carpet was dry i moved everything back and connected back and everything has been fine. although i swear i almost slept next to my tank the whole night. it makes me real nervous about going on vacation in june.

Back
Top Bottom