Yet another mushroom question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IhaveNemos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good afternoon!

I noticed in most peoples tank pictures their mushrooms are quite large and "full". Mine, on the other hand are small(ish) and not as eye catching.

They seem healthy, they are spreading like weeds and the colours are bright. I have some burgandy/purple ones, bright green ( almost florescent looking) and bright red ones.

Is there a ideal spot for mushrooms? IE shade/low flow etc? I have them in the well lit area with what I'd call medium flow compared to the rest of my tank.

Im using 2 power heads, 1 900gph and 1 600gph pointing at each other towards the center/front 1/3 of the tank from opposing sides. The outlet from my fluval 404 is pointing perpendicular to the 600gph and behind it.

Not for total sure but from what I see with our many different mushrooms grow differently. But, when reading most will say low light medium flow. HTH

You actually may have too much light for your mushrooms (yes, it can happen). Try placing them down low or in a shady spot and see if they open up a bit more.

When I added MH's, most of my mushrooms did not like it. I have them in the back corner of the tank and they are no where near impressive as they first were.

Some can handle it though. I have some green fuzzy mushrooms that love the MH's.

One word of advise, "RELAX." mushrooms take very little work compared to other tank inhabitants and as long as they are multiplying, they are happy. Plus over time they will tell you where they are happy because they will move and the ones in the correct light will look best.

By the way if you want some red ones,("you don't mean commies do ya Sam?"-Fletch) I have some that get about three inches across. I have had a lot split lately and, if you pay for shipping, you can have them!!!

my mushrooms are on the bottom on the tank with rocks kinda giving them shade...they are growing like crazy...maybe you can try less light

phishead, do you have any pics? i have red ones also and they are like 5-7 inches across

Back
Top Bottom