10 gallon community tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SundanceCassidy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently bought a much needed new tank for my juvenial fancy goldies, Jasper and Monty, and that freed up the 10 gallon they were temporarially occupying. (Im horrible I know) either way, with them in a nice sized 30 gallon, I plan on transferring my 2 Dwarf frogs and 2 remaining Neons (the other 4 crossed the rainbow bridge to to sub-par water conditions) into the 10 gallon, and make a planted community tank, so im making this thread to keep track. Feel free to follow along! :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll post pics as soon as I get started tonight!

I am! Im planning on adding a few more neons so the two i have arent so lonely, and then possibly a cory cat or two. Ill have to check compatibility though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Check out Pygmy Cories or Habrosus or Hastatus aka Dwarf Cories. They are smaller and can make a great little shoal. 10G will work for 6-8!

Check out Pygmy Cories or Habrosus or Hastatus aka Dwarf Cories. They are smaller and can make a great little shoal. 10G will work for 6-8!
Those little guys look great! Id love to have a small shoal of 'em. Would they get along with the ADF's?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't see there would be any issues, as long as the ADF for sure got food. They love both love worms :)

My little Habrosus are great - awesome tank additions and swim all over the bottom half of the tank, very social. Always want to see what's going on. I haven't kept them together with ADF but they live with the Tangerine Tiger Shrimp and probably suck up some tiny babies, but I still have shrimplets growing up.

The Habrosus are tiny and this is a 11.4G tank they are around the right 1/4 and in to the left 1/3 - blend well
60074-albums14480-picture70548.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see there would be any issues, as long as the ADF for sure got food. They love both love worms :)

My little Habrosus are great - awesome tank additions and swim all over the bottom half of the tank, very social. Always want to see what's going on. I haven't kept them together with ADF but they live with the Tangerine Tiger Shrimp and probably suck up some tiny babies, but I still have shrimplets growing up.
Alright, that sounds great! Ill do that then.

Ill post pics of my 10 gal hardscape in a minute.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom