150g FW at Hamilton Diagnostics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Moved this tank not too long ago and changed it's theme from african cichlids to tropicals. Right now it has a school of rasboras, some zebra danios, and angelfish. Had a long battle with cyano than I'm finally winning...I think. Lighting is a pair of 32w T-8's @ 6500k. The tank is a little darker on each end, but it's kind of a nice effect IMO. This tank uses an Eheim 2260 canister filter...it's huge...looks like a 5 gal bucket with a pump mounted on top, but it does a great job. There is also a Seio powerhead for extra current...don't remember which one...the smaller one. It uses an auto top off system from Oceanus that is connected to sediment and chloramine filters from Aqua FX. I'm also using an auto feeder. This is a generic feeder that is sold by Champion Lighting as a "computer controlled feeder". It uses a rotating hopper and works quite well. I would caution against using the feeders with a disc that has individual hoppers that dump as the disc rotates. This type didn't work very well for me. This tank pretty much runs itself. I visit it every two weeks, clean the glass, do a water change, and check the equipment.

Attachments

• ham_diag_150_348.jpg
    ham_diag_150_348.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 164
Thanks...think this log came from Petsmart in Chattanooga.

Attachments

• ham_center_587.jpg
    ham_center_587.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 53
It's actually on a "countertop" looking cabinet that was built just for it. The architect didn't do what I asked for and there were some issues to work around...there wasn't room underneath for the wet/dry so I had to go with a large Eheim canister...no loss there...love those Eheims. It was supposed to be a seamless, in wall installation and it ended up looking like a kitchen counter with a fish tank sitting on it. But...you work with what you have.

Back
Top Bottom