20g long first planted tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posivated

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got my last 3 fish yesturday (Agassizi Corys) and pretty much everything is finished for now. I do plan in the future to get more different plants and another light but for now I'm pretty happy with my first attempt with live plants. Now to just name all the fish :) and find a better camera.

Current Stock
1x Bolivian Ram
5x Black Skirt Tetras
1x Yoyo Loach
1x Chinese Algae Eater
3x Agassizi Cory

Attachments

• image[4].jpg
    image[4].jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0948.jpg
    IMG_0948.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 142
Was also thinking of getting a static cling background as well but was wondering if anyone has experience with them and would recommend them?

Kai reminds me of a Dragon Ball Z name :p or a name for a koi. I think I'm going to call my ram Jack.

Hi!

Your tank is great for your first attempt at plants!
The thing I have trouble with remembering is, real plants grow, and some of them grow quickly, and if they get too large, then they get in the way of the view of the fish!
It is always good to know which ones will be tall and place them at the rear of the tank and the shorter ones in the front, the fish then have free room to swim without having to swim around the plants. Rams love lots of plants and need a good cave or cubby hole to call home. It is where they breed and raise the fry. So if you think later you might get a friend for your ram, they will need such a home. Have fun and great work!

Back
Top Bottom