30 gal angel fish setup advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there i want to setup another 30 gal freshwater tank. The type of fish i would like to have are angel fish. I need help with what equitment i need. I also need to how many angels can be in a 30 gal. If there are any fish that look good with angels (i prefer bright colorful fish). Should I use live or fake plants? What decorations would be good for them? Food type? Gravel or sand? Any help is great. Thanks!!!! I currently maintain a 65 gal with a tiger Oscar and pleco in it, a 30 gal community tank, and a 10 gal breeding tank (currently breeding bettas).

can you get anything bigger? like a 40b or 55? 30 gallons will work for juvenile angels, but won't work as a permanent home.

I know i can always upgrade but i really want like bright big show piece fish and not take up alot of room

can you get anything bigger? like a 40b or 55? 30 gallons will work for juvenile angels, but won't work as a permanent home.

I've seen this posted on the forum by a lot of folks lately, and I have no idea why. You can absolutely keep a single or a pair in a 30 gallon as a permanent home. A 29 gallon would be preferable to a 30 long due to the height. I would personally choose a larger tank for a pair, but plenty of people keep pairs in 20 high or 29s.

That's what I've read. Any suggestions on tank mates and live or fake plants ect.

Live plants are great, fake will work if you don't have the means to grow live. If you want a pair, you won't have much room for tank mates. I'd add a group of cory cats and call it a day. If you just want a single, look into some different species of tetras and rasboras and see if you can find something you like. Lemon tetra, kerri tetra, pristella tetra, etc. would be good choices. Avoid large nippy tetras like buenos aires, diamond, red eye, bleeding heart, colombian.

Great thanks im going to use live plants. I have java fern that has 9 seedlings on it so i will use some of those. Im thinking i will get a single 3 or 4 Cory cats maby some Long fin serpe tetra and one more type of tetra thanks alot,

image-2751714951.jpg

Serpae can be kinda nippy, if your angel is going to be a juvenile I probably wouldn't recommend keeping them together.

Back
Top Bottom