3ft Australian Native build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,
long time between posts me as I have been out of the hobby for the past year and a half. I have finally done what I have been wanting to do for the last 3-4 years and that is stock a large number of the Psuedo. Sp of aus native rainbow.
After much trouble sourcing fish I finally found some good stock of Psuedomugil Mellis or honey blue eye, a poor summer of breeding with little rain made finding numbers of fish hard with more common species unavailable.

Tank is 3ftL x 45cmH x 30cmw
Filtration: aquis 700 (plan to add a second powerhead)
Lighting: MML RGBW Tube 3ft
Substrate: 2Toned with local river sand cap
Stand: DIY sadly don't have photos of build
Background: again DIY but followed a basic method of buying foam insulation boards, carving, pinning with skewers and then cementing with a sealed coat.
Fish: 16x honey blue eye, 8x threadfin rainbow and 2 juvenile silver perch which will be rehomed in spring
plants: pogo, ambulia, bacopa, thin val, nymphaea spp, and native moss

Latest pic from a week ago blue eyes had been in he tank for a week.
img_3446782_0_e986a45cea61dbe091eeb9de3e45ddcc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Males courting females two weeks after introduction to aquarium... should note that these are full grown adults and this species is very sensitive so i'm very happy to see them kicking it on and displaying.

Like it.. Cool that you used stuff from your own backyard

Back
Top Bottom