5.5g CPD Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's been set up for about a month now and has gone through a few changes, but I like the way that it is turning out:) And I wanted to show it off a little bit because, well I can and I like how it is evolving!

5.5g (16" x 8" x 10")
x2 13W CFL bulbs (I think...) Daylight
Organic Dirt with Black sand cap
20W Heater

Flora:
Dwarf Sag
Crypt Pava
Crypt Wendtii Green
Crypt Wendtii Brown
Green Cabomba
Rotala rotundifolia

Fauna:
x7 CPD
(soon to be 12 orange neo shrimp)

Currently:

First AquaScape:

Second AquaScape:

About 3 Weeks after Second Scape:

Attempted Pictures of CPDs:

Since I first set this tank up I've started to get a LOT of more growth. I've now got almost double the amount of dwarf sag, much larger crypts, taller rotala and cabomba as well:) I dose with Seachem Flourish twice a week and just ordered some Excel, so hopefully yhere will be some more growth! I'll keep adding as the tank progresses. I'm up for any suggestions as well;)

Looks good. I want to do dirt tank, but Im still on the fence about. One day.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks good. I want to do dirt tank, but Im still on the fence about. One day.

Thank you:). And dirted isn't as scary as people make it out to be. Just make sure you have stem plants and that you do frequent PWCs in the beginning. Oh and keep an eye on the parameters. Besides that they're easy, and they're way cheaper than the plant substrates:)

I moved some plants around and added a crypt pontederiifolia to the tank. The cabomba keeps getting in the way so I might remove them, but I just don't know. If I do, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to put in their place?

1/28/14

Also, if I get a piece of DW I think that I am going to move the crypt pava to the front of the tank and hope that they grow/spread:)

Your cabomba is acting like my water sprite, always getting in the way. Maybe add that DW you were talking about in their place and tie a bunch on anubias to it. Just a thought.

Your cabomba is acting like my water sprite, always getting in the way. Maybe add that DW you were talking about in their place and tie a bunch on anubias to it. Just a thought.

Ah! Great idea:) Thanks, I didn't even think of doing anything remotely like that!

Going that route will give you your DW with floura and some height. Plus anubias grows slow and won't get in the way.

Nice tank! What kind of lighting fixtures are you using??

Back
Top Bottom