55 gallon and two 29-gallon tanks with aquabridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fearlessfisch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Some pictures of my aquariums as they look this month...They are all works in progress, of course....particularly now, soon after a plague.

The 55-gallon houses a powder blue dwarf gourami, six glowlight tetras, five neons, and two baby horseface loaches that may need to be rehomed into a larger tank as they grow. Plants are anubias, dwarf sagittaria, sagittaria subulata, java fern, and swords. The flame gourami was visiting the tank when this picture was taken, but he was pretty miserable there, as the other gourami resented his presence. He is now happily home in the two 29-gallons (He's crossing the aquabridge between them in the third picture).

The two 29-gallons house the flame dwarf gourami, a betta, and ten neon tetras. Plants are limophila heterophylla, dwarf sagittaria, anubias, and a tiny bucephalandra. I lost a bunch of plants after medicating for a plague--particularly all my java moss at the top, which used to look like foliage for the trees. Worst, I lost some fish, which is why all the tanks are lightly stocked.

The glass aquabridge is a new addition, as is the railroad track in the tank on the right. The first aquabridge had to be removed because it leaked. The gourami loves the bridge--crosses it many times per hour and spends a lot of time just hanging out up there. The betta uses it occasionally. So far I have seen one neon tetra up there, but he did not cross all the way.

I adore my fish and wanted to show them to other people who understand this passion. Also wanted to post some pictures now so that I have something to compare in the future as these works in progress continue...

Attachments

• IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 140
  • gouramibridge.jpg
    gouramibridge.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2262.jpg
    IMG_2262.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 137
Wow, beautiful tanks,
This appears to defy the laws of physics. I must read up on how one is able to shunt water through a bridge that is higher up.

Thank you for sharing.

Where did you find the aqua bridge at? I have been trying to find one for the longest of time. But welcome and cool setups I really enjoy seeing others setups

Nice setup! I want to do something like this one day.

Akg2021- I searched around a while back and could only find one place that used to sell a premade aqua bridge years ago. But looks like it had been discontinued. Anything recent, and really most all I’ve seen have been home made out of acrylic or glass.

I love the way aquabridge tanks can share water flow and seems like most peoples fish learn to use them eventually. Something like this could let my barbs have some reprieve from the rts when he’s in a harassing mood.

Nice setup! I want to do something like this one day.

Akg2021- I searched around a while back and could only find one place that used to sell a premade aqua bridge years ago. But looks like it had been discontinued. Anything recent, and really most all I’ve seen have been home made out of acrylic or glass.

I love the way aquabridge tanks can share water flow and seems like most peoples fish learn to use them eventually. Something like this could let my barbs have some reprieve from the rts when he’s in a harassing mood.

Thanks for the help and that sounds cool

set up a reef and fresh next to each other and aquabridge some mollies lol

Back
Top Bottom