70g cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnny_zanni

Aquarium Advice Activist
my tank with 2 electric yellows and a cobalt blue zebra

100_1543.JPG

100_1589.JPG

100_1593.JPG

my substrate
100_1730.JPG

that a cool rock srtucture thing in the back. you should put some more cichlids in there. thats a big tank for three fish

Yes, I would suggest lots more Mbuna and some more structure to keep them happy and keep the aggression down. I have 20 Mbuna in my 115G. Both the Labs and the Zebra will do well with a 1 to 3 ratio of Male to Female to keep the aggresion down between the males and keep the male from zeroing in too much on just one female. Also more structure aids in giving them places to hide and stake out as teritories.

i am planning on having a peacefull colorful tank so i am getting more peacocks cichlids and i have lots more rocks, found some nice stuff this weekend just got to clean it off and get it all ready

www.cichlid-forum.com is a great place to look up fish before you get them to find out about them. If you go to the profiles section, you can look up all the different kinds of cichlids and it will tell you all about them. I have found every cichlid that I was looking for at that site. I use it alot. It also tells you about environment, diet....etc. And definately keep posting pics of your progress.

thanks spoonman i have been checking out your progress too :)

hopefully will get at least one new fish within the next week probly blue or a red peacock

Back
Top Bottom