75g Planted semi-agg tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeepGuy91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone just wanting to show my progress so far. Right now I have one heck of a GSA problem consuming my plants but I have ferts on the way! Im also going to relocate one of my gouramis as they've matured a bit and are bickering (their lips are swelling from pecking).

I couldnt tell ya the plants in there except for the dwarf hairgrass Im trying to get carpeting, moss ball, and I think they call it octopus plant?

Fish:
1x Tiger Pleco
7x Tiger barb
6x Red Minor Serpae Tetra
4x yo-yo loaches
1x Red Tailed Shark
2x SAE
2x Blue gouramis

Hardware:
Dr. F&S automatic CO2 system w/ 5 lb tank
Fluval 406 Canister Filter
Finnex Ray II LED light

Tell me what ya'll think!

Attachments

• 20160521_173419.jpg
    20160521_173419.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 20160521_173339.jpg
    20160521_173339.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20160521_152148.jpg
    20160521_152148.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 20160521_173427.jpg
    20160521_173427.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 130
Nice scape and the rock cave really works. Nice placement of plants.

If I were to offer any advice I would say the hair grass clumps are too big and need to be spread out much more as tedious as it may be. Also I would trim the large plant (limnophilia?) at the back down a touch. With that plant and the wood placement, it may block flow bringing co2 and nutrients to that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That may explain why they're not branching out as fast as Id hope, Ill give it a try. I trim the back plant pretty often, darn thing grows like a weed lol so maybe its hogging the co2!

I mean everything looks good at the moment. Just something to keep your eye on. If the plants in that area don't look as big or as healthy as the others then there may be a distribution issue. Depends where your diffuser is located too.

Your guess was pretty right, it runs through a reactor(the tube on the right side of stand) and shoots out a tube behind the driftwood on the right. I think its partly due to lack of nutrients (which I hope arrives asap!) but there might be truth behind what you say. Im thinking maybe buying or making a spray bar, hook it up to the outlet and have it run along the length of the tank.

Your guess was pretty right, it runs through a reactor(the tube on the right side of stand) and shoots out a tube behind the driftwood on the right. I think its partly due to lack of nutrients (which I hope arrives asap!) but there might be truth behind what you say. Im thinking maybe buying or making a spray bar, hook it up to the outlet and have it run along the length of the tank.

Personally I think this is the best configuration but honestly, don't let me put you off your current set up. If everything look good to you then don't mess with it. These are just my observations.

Edit: ensure all your outlet nozzles and power heads point in the same direction. You want them to work together.

Back
Top Bottom