Anyone have red belly piranhas?! Post photos here! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407278483.802125.jpg

Funny picture I posted to Facebook captioned: "guess what's for dinner?" (Sorry goldfish owners)

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ahh winnipeg my favorite is Nestor's pets he treats his fish well and has a good selection.
Good to see a fellow pegger

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Which Nestor's ? That's the store I frequently visit!! The one on portage though. He's amazing

Also to add. I now have one piranha in the tank (I posted a picture with two but it wasn't working out) so I kept one and have other to Nestor's :) he's quite happy well fed and very attentive

Nice to see some people stick up for me ;) I believe my piranha is happy earl thy and growing perfectly.

There is 5 of them. Had 6 raised from fry in a 55 gallon. I lost one about 2 weeks after I moved them to the 75 gallon. One in the picture. They are now in a 125 gallon. :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418194972.446990.jpg
4 inch black piranha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I breed them.

Sent from my C6730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420589861189.jpg
    1420589861189.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 143
I would love to have rbp but not possible where i live!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421115642.702364.jpg 20 gallon long there's four red bellys in there I no the tank is small but will be upgrading to a 55/60 when they get bigger there only 1 inch right now

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How can i get those in South Africa? Anyone know of some place that'll ship to SA

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

View attachment 260910 20 gallon long there's four red bellys in there I no the tank is small but will be upgrading to a 55/60 when they get bigger there only 1 inch right now

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Go straight for a 75 or 90, they out grow 55/60s way to fast. if you wanna add any, do it now. They will 99.9% always kill the new additions... they are pretty skidish, also. So if you want aggression, these are the wrong fish.

Sent from my C6730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are there any stores in the US to get them from/do you need any kind of wildlife exemption/or customs?

Edit: Just got a 105G that just needs cleaning and resealing, omg I would love to do a Red Belly Tank.

Edit two: wow, I can own them where I live, but I need a $1200 license to do so and file a yearly report. I hate irresponsible fish keepers.

I just saw them at the Wet Spot in Portland, Oregon. Beautiful fish but I don't think I have the space for them.

They generally do online sales and ship, but you'll have to research your own local laws.

Red belly piranha 2of 4

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1464445343920.jpg
    1464445343920.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom