Back in the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kphilly25

Aquarium Advice Newbie
IMG_0659.jpg
Hey everyone,

I recently got back into the hobby because the girlfriends parents picked me up a 5G Marineland Potrait aquarium. I’ve had some previous experience with aquariums, and I actually used to keep some saltwater. I have two other tanks laying around but I decided to get my feet back wet with this one.

I’m currently running a fish less cycle, only about 8 or 9 days in. I have some plants that I got from PetCo, and some more test kits for my aquarium such as KH and GH.

My current parameters are: roughly 6.6 PH, 1ppm Ammonia, 0ppm Nitrite, and 0ppm Nitrates.

So I’m currently awaiting the cycle process. I have some chems I can dose, been debating raising my PH some. But the plants seem to be happy for the most part.

hygger 9.7 Inches Blue White LED Aquarium Light Clip on Small Led Light for Planted Saltwater Freshwater Fish Tank with Gooseneck Clamp

That’s the light I’m currently running.

I’m running fluval stratum for substrate and I ditched the activated carbon for a bag of purigen. I have some filter floss on the way that I will wrap my sponge in and I would like to order a sponge to put over my return outlet so I can up my filtration rate and keep flow slower. Currently have the pump turned down.

My plans for this tank are a betta, a few snails, and couple of shrimp. With the Betta coming in last. I have ferts to dose and will do so once my remaining test kits come in. I will probably run CO2 at some point in the future, this is my first planted tank. But I’m happy to be back, it’ll be a fun process and can’t wait to get in there and learn some more!

Back
Top Bottom