Changes my 75g took on { warning lots of pics}

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just though i'd show some of the changes my 75g tank has taking on over thelast 2yrs. Will this is the frist stage lightly planted with nothing but light to grow plants
f1a07d97.jpg

Then around 6 months later alot more plants and new fish. I liked this stage of the tank. I have a 3 x 2 liter bottle DIY Co2 system with a hagans lader counter and difuser. I uped the lighten the best I could from a single 55w 67000k bulb to a shop light from lowes 2x65w 89000k bulbs and added a DIY moon light kit. Now on the moon light kit. I sanded the end of the bulbs to make the light spread out better.
efd08064.jpg

efd08058.jpg

efd0804d.jpg

ef12f072.jpg

Now I liked the heavly planted stage.Keeping up with the ferts was murder and not over dosing with one under dosing with the other. When it was added how much did I add. But the black hair algee was the worest to try and keep off the plants. It had taken over on most. So with having 24tanks to keep up with I desided to go low tect with it. so here's a few of the stage it's at now.
ef12f170.jpg

ef12f16e.jpg

ef12f0f2.jpg

ef12f171.jpg

The drift wood in the tank is some of the wood I have up for sell. Don't it look good. LOL J/k Ok there's a few of the changes it's taking on over the last 2yrs. Hop ya'll injoy them.

Did you say 24 tanks! That's alot of tanks! I can relate to the dosing description, always got to stay on it as the dosing is always changing as the plants grow. I have one high light tank, 3 low light, 2 with C02. That takes up most of my spare time. Can't imagine 24, even low maitenence. Hats off to you, your tank looks great, thanks for the pics.

Thanks and it's a hand full at times. A big hand full. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh with out a dout they are. There spawning a fry every 12days. I let them keep them til there free swimming and then I pull them. I have a contract with a couple of LFS here in the area and they take the for $ 6.00 each. I keep them pretty well stocked. LOL
I have one male and females in the tank and there is a cave on each end of the tank. There's always either eggs or wigglers in either one at any giving time. LOL Now if i could get my Apistogrammai's to spawn like them I'd have it made. I have 3 10g tanks with around 50 to 75 krib fry in them now ranging from 4 weeks to 2 months old now. Then there's two fry wigglers in the caves now. So yea there happy. LOL
Zags 11 just the start you'll have a couple more in no time. LOL

Nice Weasel Nice, and I love the driftwood you sent me. Same color underwater as the stuff at the LFS, but more natural looking....Awesome

Back
Top Bottom