Clever's 220g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is my tank. Was a reef tank but I decided to build a new reef tank and convert this one to freshwater. It's been running for a little over a year.

Originally was only doing South America Amazon tank but the rose line barbs destroyed that concept.

Fish:
3x gold vail angels - full grown breeding trio
1x threadfin geophagus ~9"
7x Denison barbs full gown ~6"
1x leopard sailfin pleco ~10"

Fish currently in QT:
8x Surunimis geophagus ~3"
1x Silver arowana ~11"

Fish that need to go:
12x giant danios - I got them to add more action to the tank in the begging but now I have enough fish it's time to remove them. To free up some space and remove some bio load because the geo's and arowana when full grown are going to add a lot. Silver will eventually be donated to my local zoo who has an Amazon display in our zoo aquarium. The zoo is currently one of the largest in the us so it will be a great place for him to go when he outgrows my 220.

I would love to add some green to the tank but plants with geos just doesn't work out. Still trying to figure out what to do there. Plus I'm able to get away with cheap lights over the tank.

I will keep this thread updated. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'll try to get some good pictures of the fish with my dslr

Attachments

• IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 87
Nice! Love me some geos! Heres my thory maculipinis, he's like a geo, just way more of a bully..
Elq4JfS.jpg

Awesome! Tank looks sweet! Would love to have one that size eventually. I wouldn't bank on the zoo taking your arowana. They often create those exhibits with a desired stock list in mind and once they have them stocked, there is very little wiggle room. Occasionally they can take tank busters from hobbyists, but not very often at all.

Awesome! Tank looks sweet! Would love to have one that size eventually. I wouldn't bank on the zoo taking your arowana. They often create those exhibits with a desired stock list in mind and once they have them stocked, there is very little wiggle room. Occasionally they can take tank busters from hobbyists, but not very often at all.

thank you for the concern but I do have a contact there that I have spoke with. If for some reason they dont want to take it when the time comes because this will be years down the road I have plenty of LFS that I am sure would be interested in having one in a show aquarium.

Tomorrow I have my Geos and a group of Silver Dollars going into the tank. I have been wanting to figure out some good looking fake plants for the tank.I hate a fake plant in tanks but with the Geo's i just cant have any real plants. So I need to find something because the tank is just missing some color in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom