Clown loaches missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_Nick_

Aquarium Advice Activist
My clowning loaches ben missing for a week now watz going on I look every were I did some research on that they go missing but nobody has answers????

The solution to finding them is looking for them or waiting for them to show up, neither of which a forum can aid in.

The solution to finding them is looking for them or waiting for them to show up, neither of which a forum can aid in.

+ 1,000,000,000

Move your decorations and look :blink: It's not that hard. So you may stir up some sand :rolleyes:.... It would be better to stir up the sand than to have a rotting clown loach/loaches leeching ammonia in the aquarium.

Unless you have a crayfish or some other invert in the tank that would eat the remains, there has to be evidence of them.

Or, as I suspect, they are hiding in a decoration or under a rock and you refuse to actually look for them, instead relying on the psychic ability of this forum.

There are 3 threads about these same missing loaches. Not sure what answer you are looking for.

Perhaps a photo on a milk carton?

Last edited:
img_1480605_0_5597ec709820e56985c2c690f864dd0a.jpg

They hide really really well.. To the point that you can take out all of your ornaments and still not find them.

I had 2 incidents I wanted to share:

- One time I took out a ceramic log that I have to clean it and wound up finding one of my loaches swimming in the bucket I put it in. Luckily it was fishtank water and he was ok. He had hidden so well inside of the log that even though I looked well I couldn't see him.

- The other time was more tragic. I used to have a UV filter and the flow lid fell off leaving the inlet unprotected. One of my loaches got in and ended up tangled in the rotor. :(

Loaches tend to hide if their school is smaller than 4-6. The more you have, the more they'll stay out, but the more space they'll need.

I was unsuccessful at keeping loaches in my tank. For some reason they would all end up dead even though my water is in good, constant shape..

Such a nice fish to have though.

Nope I've moved everything they didn't come out I've even stir the sand up nun next thing imma do is take the decorations out

Have you seen me

Attachments

• image-99899894.jpg
    image-99899894.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 121
If you have any decoration that is hollow, and has an opening big enough for the loach to get into thats where you will find it;). I have destroyed a couple hollow decos for that reason:banghead:

Thanks I've have 3 imma take em out the water completely later this is go be my final check

Attachments

• image-1833256355.jpg
    image-1833256355.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom