Doing a complete remake on my 58 gallon freshwater planted tank today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarkm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today I will be tearing down my 3 year old semi planted tank and replacing gravel with eco complete fine grade and adding driftwood and a lot of plants. Just thought I would post before and after pics ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393601157.133732.jpg

I'm adding eco complete fine grade as substrate. I have been soaking a large piece of mopani driftwood which will go in and have anubias and java fern tied on and I have a large cave that will be put in also. Will be adding a bunch of live plants. Been thinking of one or two fish but have no clue what would be good with the stock I currently have.

Looks to me like you have some angel fish only in that tank, if i was to suggest something id go with rams. Kindof spendy but look great with angelfish, and i havent had any problems with them mixed myself, the only time of concern is if angelfish are spawning and become territorial. Corydoras are also a highly suggested species by anyone. No one i know regrets getting them. If your looking for something more out there maybe a weather loach would be cool. But if you have a cave you'll never see him haha.
Im really into rainbow fish:) i think their minnimum tank size is around 30 so i would think the would be okay in a 58. The boesemanis are awesome, in my opinion, but there are tank stocking websites that have suggested fish and what not i suggest you check it out on the google:)

In the pic it's hard to see all the fish but there is
2 med angelfish
6 X-ray tetras
2 bristle nose plecos
4 Cory's
So I don't know what I could add to that if anything ?
And yes I love the Cory catfish so awesome to watch

It's hard work breaking down a fish tank and removing 40 lbs of 3 year old gravel. Not to mention trying to catch the fish

No did it with a gravel vac. Filling it back up now

That's a full day project. I added two bags of old gravel to hopefully help prevent any cycle of the tank. Time to relax and enjoy a cold one.

Nice work! I re did mine last weekend, big project, I didn't wait til I was done to crack a cold one though, looks good! What?! No pineapple??? I have one sitting in a bin under my table too haha

Nice work! I re did mine last weekend, big project, I didn't wait til I was done to crack a cold one though, looks good! What?! No pineapple??? I have one sitting in a bin under my table too haha

Wife thought my scape looked incomplete without the pineapple. I don't ask for her opinion anymore.

I'd use a solid dark (black or blue) background. It would draw more focus on the fish, plants, and bubbles and add a sense of depth.

Ya I don't like the background all ready. The wife thought it would be a nice touch but not so much

My son was the most disappointed without the pineapple ornament.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395702085.299336.jpg

I think I'm done planting and moving things around finally. Now to see what grows and what does not grow in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom