Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishenthusiast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone! In this thread, I discuss the aspects of my tank and give updates. Ever since I joined this forum, I've gained so much knowledge about aquascaping, and how to make a tank look awesome. Here is my current fish stock:

7 Threadfin Rainbowfish (4 males and 3 females)

4 Bentos Tetras

1 Electric Blue Ram (female)

5 Cory Cats

2 Panda Garra

2 Assassin Snails

I plan on adding the following fish/inverts:

3 Threadfin Rainbowfish (1 male and 2 females)

8-12 Harlequin Rasboras (after the Bentos Tetras have all died. Three of them have died in the past couple of weeks, so I think they're getting old.)

5 Amano Shrimp

I have the following plants:

Java Fern
Anubias Batari var. nana
Amazon Swords
Cryptocoryne undulata 'red'
Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'red'
Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'bronze'
Java Moss
Anubias Afzelli
Green Melon Swords
Broadleaf Sagittaria

I plan on adding the following plants:

Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Florida Sunset"
Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Brown"
Staurogyne repens
Marsilea crenata
Some Vallisneria
Red Tiger Lotus (if room permits)
Crinum Calamistratum
Some floating plants (haven't decided yet)

Here are some pictures of my tank at the moment: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402955662.104204.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402955685.387073.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402955717.035622.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402955738.757974.jpg

Input is appreciated! Suggestions to further enhance my aquascape are welcome too. Thanks

Update--June 18, 2014

Water Parameters:

pH: 7.6
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 10 ppm
Phosphates: 2 ppm

Nice job so far! A 30 gal has so many options. I would personally add more threadfin rainbows, when the time comes, vs. the group of harlequin rasboras. Harlequins are pretty, no doubt, but threadfin rainbows are not only sexually dimorphic, but imo more interesting to watch. As always, this is just an opinion. :)

Nice job so far! A 30 gal has so many options. I would personally add more threadfin rainbows, when the time comes, vs. the group of harlequin rasboras. Harlequins are pretty, no doubt, but threadfin rainbows are not only sexually dimorphic, but imo more interesting to watch. As always, this is just an opinion. :)

Thanks! I really like the Threadfins. They are the most interesting fish I've ever had. Maybe I'll get a smaller school of some fish, and up the Threadfin Rainbowfish number beyond 10. I've read that they do best in huge groups anyway.

I've updated my plant wish list a little bit. I plan on getting the following plants very soon:

Cryptocoryne spiralis
Cryptocoryne Balansae
Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Red"
Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Florida Sunset"
Maybe another type of Crypt (I love them!)
Downoi
Staurogyne repens
Water Sprite
Crinum Calamistratum
Maybe some more Amazon Swords
Java Fern, Lace
Some type of floating plant

I'm beginning to consider Peacock Gudgeons to add to my stock when my Bentos Tetras die. Originally I thought about Harlequin Rasboras, so this will be a tough decision when the time comes. Maybe I'll have room for both one day.

Update--June 18, 2014

Water Parameters:

Update--June 25, 2014

Water Parameters:

I'd like to increase my phosphates to 5 ppm, so I'll have to increase some of my fert dosing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! I'll be receiving some plants from Peabody's on Monday or Tuesday, so I'll give a picture update then. Also, I might be changing the driftwood in a couple weeks, so stay tuned ?.

Just planted some Rotala rotundifolia from Peabody's. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404754327.070057.jpg

Update--July 7, 2014
I added the following plants:

Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Red"
Rotala rotundifolia
Cyperus helferi
Ludwigia repens
Crinum calamistratum
Red Root Floater
A few stems of Staurogyne repens
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404762398.927967.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404762417.859027.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404762436.253082.jpg

It really looks great! Love your little German Blue Ram photo bombing the one shot!

Kim

Back
Top Bottom