Five gallon & ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell_spyder143

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The five gallon holds a female blue gourami, a giant danio, five tiger barbs & a African clawed frog. White gravel+sand substrate, large rocks with fake plants and lucky bamboo.

image-2427232834.jpg

The ten gallon holds a male blue gourami, a cory cat, a pleco, and tiger oscar. Brown gravel substrate with large rocks, fake plants and a cave.

image-136886354.jpg

image-3393105327.jpg

image-1686430668.jpg

image-41749984.jpg

Attachments

• image-1780175990.jpg
    image-1780175990.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 171
You might want to rethink those tiger barbs in the 5 gallon. I have 5 in a 25 gallon, and even that seems too small for them at times. But nice looking tanks.

Your tanks look great :) Unfortunately though, none of the fish you have are appropriate for either size tanks. You might want to do a bit of research on the fish you have and find more suitable inhabitants for your tanks.

cell_spyder143 said:
The five gallon holds a female blue gourami, a giant danio, five tiger barbs & a African clawed frog. White gravel+sand substrate, large rocks with fake plants and lucky bamboo.

The ten gallon holds a male blue gourami, a cory cat, a pleco, and tiger oscar. Brown gravel substrate with large rocks, fake plants and a cave.

I would move the oscar to a bigger tank, along with tiger barbs, gourami, cory cat ( depending on specie) the pleco will need moving and the giant danio . Lol but apart from that nice tanks!!

That cave does look pretty cool.. How did you get it to stay up so well?

Anyways... Yeah, unfortunately none of those fish will do well, long term, in those size tanks.

Gouramis usually need about 20 gallons.
Giant danios are schooling fish and should be in groups of 5. They also need about 20 gallons.
Tiger barbs prefer large schools, and would do best in groups of 8+. Usuaully I recommend 40 gallons.
The African clawed frog will eventually need a ten gallon, by himself.
The cory cats prefer larger schools, too, usually at least 4, and they would need a 20 gallon or so, unless they are the dwarf variety.
Depending on the type of pleco, it can need as little as a thirty gallon, or as much as 75+ gallons.
Tiger Oscars need at least a 75 gallon. If they have tank mates, they should have more space.

Talvari said:
That cave does look pretty cool.. How did you get it to stay up so well?

Anyways... Yeah, unfortunately none of those fish will do well, long term, in those size tanks.

Gouramis usually need about 20 gallons.
Giant danios are schooling fish and should be in groups of 5. They also need about 20 gallons.
Tiger barbs prefer large schools, and would do best in groups of 8+. Usuaully I recommend 40 gallons.
The African clawed frog will eventually need a ten gallon, by himself.
The cory cats prefer larger schools, too, usually at least 4, and they would need a 20 gallon or so, unless they are the dwarf variety.
Depending on the type of pleco, it can need as little as a thirty gallon, or as much as 75+ gallons.
Tiger Oscars need at least a 75 gallon. If they have tank mates, they should have more space.

This. That poor Oscar

I don't usually comment on stocking issues, as I find some people get carried away with what you can or can't put in a tank - but that 10 gallon is way over, seriously those fish are going to suffer from water quality issues, stunting, aggression etc. I would love an Oscar, but even in my 63 gallon I would worry about keeping one, they are huge fish when grown that require huge tanks and filters to go with them.

Back
Top Bottom