Fluval Spec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pecktec

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just assembled a Fluval Spec today. I have some Anubis Nanna and a sprig of java fern in there for now. Video is soon to follow.

Attachments

• image-2950730546.jpg
    image-2950730546.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 323
  • image-2998135630.jpg
    image-2998135630.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 329
It looks beautiful! If I ever decide to get a Fluval, I will need to refer back to your vid. Nice work!!! (y)

I won't lie though, I kept watching your fish when your other tank was in the background. lol

McLumpy said:
:lol: Nah. Now, let's talk about your fish shirt...

Teasing! :D

Ow yea its bad. That was what I actually had on that day. I came home and the Betta was chasing my daughters endlers around so she wanted me to set it up right away and get him out of there. Then she wanted to work the camera also. I need to remember to get a hair cut and dress nicer for these things.

I just assembled a Fluval Spec today. I have some Anubis Nanna and a sprig of java fern in there for now. Video is soon to follow.

Sorry for a stupid question but where do you guys get those branches/logs that seem to fit the fluval spec perfectly? The local pet stores that I go to only have huge branches/logs for bigger tank sizes. Your tank set-up rocks by the way!

Well its just one of those things. My LFS only has small pieces of wood. I have had that one in two other tanks already. I grab up interesting pieces and put them in other tanks to help cycle new ones.

Love it! What sort of substrate is in this one?
It’s a big mix of leftovers LOL. You know all that stuff that’s left in the bucket when you go to put it in a new tank? Well I never throw anything away. So it’s one part Flourite, with some Stratum (From the Flora kit) and this Carbi sea pebbles on top that I added latter.

I love mixed substrates, so it looks great IMO. My 50 gal is part Eco-complete, part Flourite, and part pea gravel.

Back
Top Bottom