Forever updating the 72G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HannahJo

Aquarium Advice Activist
More changes to the 72G. :brows:
kxndwu6.jpg

Butter Bean loves the viney plant..
TfC2Mmc.jpg

Moustachio loves the betta hammock. :D
GV9Brnc.jpg

I really want to try having live plants! That will probably be the next thing I do... :cool:

Your Betta is such a beauty! I love my 72G bowfront. It has changed so many times in the years I have had it.

My suggestions are trying an Anubias nana, nana petite or my other favorite, Anubias Coffeefolia. Do not bury the roots. The long stem part the leaves attach to is the rhizome and burying it leads to it rotting. Low light is fine, away from the brightest light or near the bottom. Very easy.

Then just start on a couple more, which I would suggest a Java Fern, common is fine but the narrow leaf is really attractive. Also attach to DW stone or wedge into a corner with some stones. This one is also not planted in the substrate.

Before I had all live plants, I just stuck one of these into the branches of a fake plant like a kinda green pom pom accent.

Crypt Balansae Crispus ( gets long or Cryptocoryne Lutea or Crypt wendtii (several color variations) bronze green red are all easy.

It seems scary but really isn't if you pick the basics of easy stuff. Not too much worry if you stick with the low light, low need plants.

If the plant has red most likely skip it. Although one plant I loved was Ludwigia Repens x Arcuata. Did just fine in low light. Has a purple under the leaf, very attractive.

Back
Top Bottom