Just thought I'd show my tanks off!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LynxGen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Snail/shrimp tank

And goldfish n rainbow shark tank.

Tetra tank, with blue dream shrimps.

I do have a vid showing the setup of the planted tank, start to finish.. lol

Attachments

• 20220522_153403.jpg
    20220522_153403.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220522_153346.jpg
    20220522_153346.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220522_153227.jpg
    20220522_153227.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 53
1. Thats a lot of greenery in tank #1. LOL! Is that Hornwort I'll bet the Goldfish would love to eat some of that.
2. The Goldfish tank looks nice. I would like to add that they will get really big over time. When I had Goldfish I planted a Water Lilly in a 55 gallon. Water Lillies are tough and they bloom when they mature. Goldfish do not seem to eat them either.
3. Tank #3 has some nice aquascaping!

Good Job!

1. Thats a lot of greenery in tank #1. LOL! Is that Hornwort I'll bet the Goldfish would love to eat some of that.

I only just recently discoverd it is hornwort.
It was 2 or 3 little sprigs i clipped from the 3rd tank 2mnths ago. Didn't know goldfish eat it...
I had put the big gold fish in that tank originally, but it was too hard on the carpet plants..

2. The Goldfish tank looks nice. I would like to add that they will get really big over time. When I had Goldfish I planted a Water Lilly in a 55 gallon. Water Lillies are tough and they bloom when they mature. Goldfish do not seem to eat them either.
I didn't know homdfish got big, they are technically the kids, who came home with them one day and a 3gal tank.

3. Tank #3 has some nice aquascaping!

Good Job!

Everything in that tank aside from the plastic plants, the 2 skulls, and that upper redish rock structure, (and the fish n shrimp,) came from local beaches/lakes.

The hornwort as well, was originally planted in there, but keeps gettin eatin/unrooted etc.
I took 3 small clippings n put them in the green tank.

I actually have a small 5gal im in the proccess of sterilizing/cleaning, that is gona be a bedside shrimp tank. (It had the daughters beta in it, but it died about 4mnths ago.(she only noticed about 4 days ago...))

I'll be taking the handful of shrimp out of the green tank to put in there, and then, pretty much getting rid of the hornwort. Next week i have silver tip tetras, assasin snails, and 4 kuhili loaches comming to go in there. Then the penguins will probably go in as well, and I'll save what shrimp i can, and rip that 3rd tank apart.

It has some weird worm thingy goin on in it. It was my 1st ever fish tank, the substrate is too thick, the plants wont stay put, and its too much pita to clean decently, so I'll redo that tank, properly, and it'll be a planted tank aswell im thinkin, then the tetra n shrimp can move back in.

Altho, I'd like to get some larger shrimp.. i think Amanos? Or another were good options...
I'd have to look back into it n make sure water parameters etc are compatible n all that, but ya.

Its like a 2-3mnth plan.. ?

Since the kids beta fish died several mnths ago, i turned her tank into a bedside shrimp tank, something to stare at to fall asleep to with the audiobooks.. lol

I'm regretting not planting this already, n will likely get annoyed n redo it soon, but i need a temporary safe haven for the shrimp... lol

EDIT: I don't know why the pics are sideways or how to fix that.... sry.. *cringe*

Attachments

• 20220524_091553.jpg
    20220524_091553.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220524_085516.jpg
    20220524_085516.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom