Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just gonna go strut around the office beaming with pride and everyone can wonder why I'm feeling so full of myself today!

Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What changes have you made since you joined the forum other than removing the plants from the pots?

What changes have you made since you joined the forum other than removing the plants from the pots?

I had just moved from fluorescent lights to LED. Managed to burn a few plants but they recovered.

I had them on for 14 hours a day and have since reduced that to 9.

I added the circulation pump to improve flow about 3 weeks ago? Food was dropping straight down the flow was not heading towards the filter intake. My canister is good at cleaning the water but not as strong as I liked to move the water towards the intake for larger debris. I upgraded the media to Biohome ultimate and looking forward to seeing if the nitrifying bacteria will some day help control the nitrates. I am told it could take up to 6months to see improvements.

I removed about 1/2 of my substrate. It was too deep 2+ inches and really hard to vacuum.

No new fish. Have replaced a few plants that didn't survive the brown crud clean up.

That's it.

Khuli's are owning the tank tonight.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471579329.266404.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471579365.618795.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471579383.406935.jpg

Trying to squeeze into this side of the wood, just too fat. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471579421.835461.jpg
Everybody is looking for leftovers.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471579526.975765.jpg

Very nice, love the colours. Is that snails out and about on the right in the tank shot?

There are 2 lighter one in the right bottom and then one young purple on the right bottom in the moss.

Love the pic's! I really liked my kuhli loach such cuties lol nice looking snails :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

What are the stem plants in the middle? Rotella of some variety?

I run a low tech setup as well and I'm trying to find a stem plant what will survive.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What are the stem plants in the middle? Rotella of some variety?

I run a low tech setup as well and I'm trying to find a stem plant what will survive.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ludwigia repens

PWC yesterday and canister rinse today. Adding some purigen since everyone speaks so highly of it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472318040.485392.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472318056.236514.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472318076.290035.jpg

Nomm nomm nomm
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472318147.032280.jpg

A few of the plants are getting tall. My guess is they are about 2 weeks from a trim.

Got my new buce in the tank. Let's see if anyone eats it or if it grows.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472318239.211756.jpg

Tank still looks great. Hard to believe this is non co2. Ludwigia seem to be thriving. Best is the plant in the back right? Looks like a floater of some kind?

That is the fattest Kuhli Loach I have ever seen!!! Have you ever seen babies?

Never spotted any youngsters. But yes my stripped kuhli's are the fattest I have ever seen.

Tank still looks great. Hard to believe this is non co2. Ludwigia seem to be thriving. Best is the plant in the back right? Looks like a floater of some kind?

I had 2 Ludwigia stems and split it so now there are 4. That one long one will be split soon so up to 5! The one on the back right that is really long is Pennywort. I will split it too.

I have to scratch my head when I read about people who haven't cleaned out their canisters in months. Mine is always in need of a good rinse, especially the sponges.

I had 2 Ludwigia stems and split it so now there are 4. That one long one will be split soon so up to 5! The one on the back right that is really long is Pennywort. I will split it too.

I have to scratch my head when I read about people who haven't cleaned out their canisters in months. Mine is always in need of a good rinse, especially the sponges.

Excellent. I like ludwigia repens. It did well with low co2 for me as well. Despite it apparently not doing well in dirtied setups (Dustin's fish tanks)

My canister should get more regular cleaning. It helps keep the bacteria efficient. It's just that I wasn't expecting the new canister setup to run as smooth as it did. I'm kind of nervous about messing with it ?

Did my PWC yesterday and split the 2 plants that were reaching for the sky.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473001167.850603.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473001182.251027.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473001207.521122.jpg

I added 2 oto cats for algae cleanup and looking to rehome my Denison's. They are growing faster than anticipated.

Back
Top Bottom