Least Killifish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhodie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally decided to get a group of least killifish yesterday and i'm pretty excited about it :)
Please excuse the fact that all the pics here are crumby; all i'm working with here is a phone camera and these guys are so tiny and so fast, lol

Here's the tank as a whole:
20210703_185658.jpg

20210703_185750.jpg

The killis stuck in acclimation bag jail:
20210703_170249.jpg

And freedom!:
20210704_112946.jpg

20210703_185955.jpg

20210704_113043.jpg

As well as a bonus pic of a couple of the amanos in that tank, because they're much easier to photograph:
20210704_112918_HDR.jpg

They're just sooo tiny, I'm totally enamored. I'd read somwhere that they're likely to be shy the first couple weeks in a new space, but my group already seems rather outgoing. If they is shy, I can't wait to see what "not shy" looks like :)
I am open to advice, just please be kind, haha

Woohoo! So glad to see your setup worked out :) your aquarium looks amazing!

Thank you both!

Trying out root pellets for the plants, fingers crossed for that to work out well, haha
Trying to keep the nitrates/nitrites/ammonia levels in balance currently; it was a pre-established (running for well over a year) before i added the least killies + some of the plants and it wasn't an issue previously, so i'm not sure what the issue there is but i'm on the case, lol

I'm just talking to the breeze at this point, but I adore these little fish!
They're super fun to watch; they take rests on the different tiers of the cabomba, it looks like they have their own little apartments when they do that, lol
I'm incredibly excited to see some babies from them :) It's hard to imagine how TINY they must be!

Back
Top Bottom