My 14g planted and 55g Amazon Biotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im not sure i follow?

it means that it's common sense to go to home improvement stores to look up items that the specialty stores sell at jacked up prices. a lot of time people just overlook other alternatives. for example the light you see at the pet stores, like you said, is a scam. Also you can find the timer in Home depot at fraction of the cost.

it means that it's common sense to go to home improvement stores to look up items that the specialty stores sell at jacked up prices. a lot of time people just overlook other alternatives. for example the light you see at the pet stores, like you said, is a scam. Also you can find the timer in Home depot at fraction of the cost.

That's where I get all my lighting now, I don't even know how much money I have saved by doing DIY from Lowes/Home Depot. I made the light for my 55 gallon for $60 and I have amazing plant growth with only 4 23 watt 6500k CFLs.

It's not super sexy but it works!
img_2505067_0_9659afc60d7a617070564fc732372c7b.jpg

That's where I get all my lighting now, I don't even know how much money I have saved by doing DIY from Lowes/Home Depot. I made the light for my 55 gallon for $60 and I have amazing plant growth with only 4 23 watt 6500k CFLs.

It's not super sexy but it works!

I actually like the lighting setup you have going...looks cool&beats paying a couple hundred or even more when it comes to buying the so called correct lighting from lfs's by a long shot..like the ingenuity..

I actually like the lighting setup you have going...looks cool&beats paying a couple hundred or even more when it comes to buying the so called correct lighting from lfs's by a long shot..like the ingenuity..

Yeah. I also think that his setup is a little more sexy than he gives himself credit for.

Back
Top Bottom