My 15-gal Column and 3-gal Cube tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyK

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got back into fishkeeping about a month ago after about three or four years of not having any fish, and these are my two tanks:
IMG_5818.jpg
The small one is a 3-gallon Cube kit from Tetra. It's got LED lighting and a Tetra 3i filter that came with the kit, and I added an Aqueon heater rated 1-5 gallons though I don't remember the exact model. It's planted with mainly glosso and anacharis, but I have some java moss attached to a rock and a couple other little plants that I'm not sure what they are thrown in there as well. The stocking is currently three red cherry shrimp, a baby guppy from my larger tank, and a zebra nerite snail. When the guppy gets large enough that he won't be eaten or sucked into the filter, I'll reintroduce him to the larger tank. I've ordered a sponge filter to put in it so I can possibly breed the shrimp later on since the 3i doesn't have anything to keep the fry from being sucked into it, even though it is a very gentle filter.
IMG_5797.jpg
Now, here's my larger tank. My 15-gallon Column kit measures about 13.5"wide by 13.5" deep by 19" tall, and I originally hoped to put either rock or driftwood in it, but I haven't found any pieces I either liked or could afford, so right now, I just have a moss-covered cave thing and some little colored crystalline structures as well as bamboo, dracaena, java moss, and some other unidentified plants to decorate it. The lighting set up is what came with the kit, an Aqueon T5 Full Spectrum Daylight bulb, but I'm looking at upgrading to a plant-growth bulb or possibly even a completely different fixture altogether and just removing the hood entirely. The filter is an Aqueon QuietFlow 10 rated for up to 20 gallons, and it works quite nicely for what I need. I'm not sure what my heater is since I got it second hand, but it's rated for 10-20 gallons if I remember correctly and I have the adjustable heat setting set at 78 or 79F. The current stocking is one male betta (still a baby, very peaceful and does not bother other fish at all), one male and two female guppies (hoping to get a couple more females soon and I think my baby is possibly female as well), three ghost shrimp, a black mystery snail, and possibly my favorite critters in my tank: two African dwarf frogs.
IMG_5817.jpg

Setting that 3i up to be a little breeder tank would be fun. I've been reading a lot of people having great success with only java moss and sponge filters in smaller tanks like that. Looking good though, keep the ball rolling.

Cool tanks. The little one, in particular, looks like it has very dramatic lighting to play with.

Back
Top Bottom