My 2 New Aquisions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jawbreaker1222

Aquarium Advice Regular
13 inch and a 9 inch Tigar Oscar In 55 gallon Long wile 125 Gallon Is Cycling then they will move up.

Attachments

• 0125001944a.jpg
    0125001944a.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 0125001943.jpg
    0125001943.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 75
  • downsized950125001944.jpg
    downsized950125001944.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74
They eat more then just Feeders Fish
They Will Also Eat
Meaty Foods

Pellets
Shrimp
Krill (if freeze dry be sure to soak it in some tank water first to not cause swelling in the stomach)
Scallops
Clams
Squid
Crayfish
Crab & lobster
Fish - Cod, salmon, silver-sides, minnows, flounder. haddock, tuna just to name a few
Bloodworms
Brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
snails

Insects & Worms

Insect Larvae
Crickets
Meal Worms
Earthworms
Wax worms
(Always be careful they have not been exposed to any chemicals)

Veggies, Fruits & Nuts

Peas (frozen right out of the bag...no need to de-shell them)
Algae wafers
Zucchini
Squashes
Carrot's
Garlic
Mango's
Orange's
Pear's
Bananas
Papaya's
Peach's
Grapes
Spinach and leafy lettuce (not iceberg)
Peanuts
Pecan's

So you dont Need to give live food. Its just a nice treat for them.

Real fish eat other fish :) lol

O ya, thats my kind of fish. I like to steer clear of feeder fish though. I use live fish as a treat and feeder fish can be packed with diseases and other things you don't want your fish eating.

But they are pretty fish and i like them. You even got my favirote kind. Tiger oscars. Did you get them on craiglist, friend, or a pet store,?

I Buy 50 Feeders at a time and qt them for a minimum of 30 days before feeding. I got the oscars off Craigslist. Paid $40 for the two oscars. 9 fist size fresh water clams and a 8 inch violet goby. Im going back friday to the guys house and trading him a 55 gallon and $50 for a 125 and another goby. He Offered me a Pacu aswell but they get to big so im prob not going to take him.

O:. I want some. Gobies are my favirote kind of fish. He got any for shipping? lol.

I had never seen a goby before. I had originally just gone for the two Oscars and ended up getting all the other stuff as well.While i was their told him how much i liked his tank and how bad Ive been wanting to upgrade And he emailed me the next day and said he would be interested in a trade plus cash b/c he has been wanting to downsize anyways. So id call it a excellent of a craigslist find. 90 bucks and a 55 for 4 awesome fish and a 125.

Attachments

• 0125001811.jpg
    0125001811.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 69
That is awsome. Is that the 125? And is that a QT under it or what?

It is a 125 and The tank under it is just another tank setup not a qt He is just short on space (hence why he is trading with me)so thats where it ended up. I might do something similar once i get it home as i have another 55 thats up and running and I kinda like the way it looks. The stand will need a rebuild. But i like the idea of it.

I do to. Except i would build a door on the front that made it look nice. And it could open for maitnince and everything. lol.

even with the goldfish being QT they are still not very healthy for them. too much fat.

Thats the plan. And i have a lot of oak cabinet hardware that I'm going to use to fancy it up.

I hope you're planning a brackish tank for the gobys. They are brackish fish and won't do well in fresh.

He has been living with the two oscars for 3 years. And he is very active And Healthy looking. So Im gunna say i think he will be ok. But it is something i will keep in mind thakyou.

Dragon Goby this is one of many sites that say a violet goby will be OK in a freshwater tank. Yes it prefers brackish but will be fine in fresh water if it is acclimated properly. They can also live in marine tanks is acclimated properly.

Hear is a quote from the above site.

And if ya want to get really technical the "proper environment is in the wild not in a aquarium at all"

As mentioned earlier, the Dragon goby is a highly adaptable species that can live in freshwater and marine aquariums even though it is a brackish species. The same is true when it comes to alkalinity, hardness, and nitrates

and nitrite as well. Brackish, alkaline water is recommended for this fish, but it will adapt to many other water conditions as long as the fish is exposed a gradual change and not a dramatic one. Keep the pH between 6.5 and 8.5

Back
Top Bottom