my 20g nano community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agwats

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been focused on the 29 and haven't said anything about my revamped 20 gal high so I wanted to fix that.

Here is the stock list:
1x powder blue dwarf gourami
8x harlequin rasbora
5x pygmy cory
1x oto

Originally I had 4 otos but only 1 survived, im debating on if im gonna get another batch of otos or I can order a few pitbull plecos. I think they would get along fine with the one oto I have now and from what I've heard they are less fragile.

Here are some pics, enjoy!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111203_131012.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111203_131012.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 309
  • ForumRunner_20111203_131029.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111203_131029.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 310
Nice work! I dig that driftwood. :)

What type of plant is on the left in back?

Thank you! Its an Anubias Lanceolata, I really like the way it looks. I got it from bobstropicalplants.com

Here's a new pic of the corys.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111218_184359.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111218_184359.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 305
Awww the cories look so cute on that leaf all together! Awesome set up for that tank(y) Thanks for showing, it looks great.

Yeah when I saw them all together like that I had to get a picture of it. And thank you Im very proud of this setup

I like it.

I would maybe suggest a background though...it'll cover the wires and everything in the back. And if you get a solid dark blue one it adds that deep blue sea feel to it. And you don't even have to pay for a "real" one at the pet store...a few dark blue pieces of construction paper taped to the outside back of the tank will work.

Actually I was thinking about black. If I would have thought about it I would have just painted the back before I set it up :/

That looks great! I really like your stocking choice too. Its hard to beat those tiny corys for cuteness IMO. The dg is beautiful. That light blue is very striking.
As for your cory situation, I have owned both otos and pitbull plecos and I personally am a much bigger fan of the pitties. They are cuter and a bit less fragile, though IME they are not as hardy as a common pleco (those guys are nearly indestructable it seems).

Thanks! I wish I had a better camera the one I have doesn't do my gourami or the corys justice.

Since the last time I updated this my stock has changed slightly. I added two pitbull plecos and lost 1 cory (was weeks ago and there have been no signs if sickness since). Now total stock is 1x DG, 8x harlequin rasboras, 4x pygmy corys, 1x oto, 2x pitbull plecos. Was thinking of getting a male guppy since my LFS has some really nice ones and I am a little understocked... decisions decisions...

agwats said:
Since the last time I updated this my stock has changed slightly. I added two pitbull plecos and lost 1 cory (was weeks ago and there have been no signs if sickness since). Now total stock is 1x DG, 8x harlequin rasboras, 4x pygmy corys, 1x oto, 2x pitbull plecos. Was thinking of getting a male guppy since my LFS has some really nice ones and I am a little understocked... decisions decisions...

Will you be uploading pics

It sounds really good so far. :) Guppies are pretty little guys, so one could look very nice in your tank. Let us know what you end up with.

I got this gorgeous guppy but I've found it difficult to get a good picture of it. Here is the best one I've gotten. At least I've gotten a pic of him, its proven to be almost impossible to get a good pic of the pit bulls

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120329_210519.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120329_210519.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 105
Are those Corydoras habrosus ? If so, their proper common name is Salt and Pepper Cory or Dainty Cory or I call them as a general type dwarf Cories. Pygmy Cories are Corydoras pygmaeus.

I just call mine C habrosus. Cory people know what I mean :)

Sorry, I'm a Cory fan and a fish nerd :)

Back
Top Bottom