my 40gl. freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bassholedrifter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is a picture of my 40gl. tank.
For filteration I use two Acu-clear 200's

It's occupants are:
1 male Jack Dempsey
1 female Convict
2 Boesemani Rainbows
2 Clown Loachs
2 Pepperd cories
1 Rhino Pleco

BASS

That's a bubble wall :wink:

What I would like to know is, How come the JD doesn't eat the tank mates?!?
My young JD was a real jerk and took out fish 2x his size. :?

Is it a slow shutter speed you are using?
It looks almost like falling water. Also, what plants have you got. Are they of the permanent kind. If so, they look very good and how do you keep JD and his friends from tucking into a nice salad. Jeff

thanks for the compliments! :D
Yes that is a bubblewand in the background, my camera is is a Canon Power Shot,normal shutter speed. I turned off the lights in the room,turned off the camera's flash and took the pic. Then cropped it.

When I started this tank the JD and convict were Juvie's of the same size (1 1/2)
I added the rest over the next few weeks, for awhile the rhino pleco was the largest fish. The JD is now the largest by far, three time the size of the female convict.

I have always had good luck raising fish together by starting them out young and together in the same tank. Of course I would'nt put neon tetras in there!

The Boesemani Rainbows act as dither (target) fish also,they are to quick for the JD to catch anyway, and help take the aggression off the other fish in the tank. But I keep them all well fed and for the most part he doe'nt pay any attention to the other fish other then an occasional chase around the tank to remind them who is boss.

I am new here, so where can I post pictures of my fish? I really would like to show off my JD as well as my Boesemani Rainbows.

Thanks again....

BASS

Back
Top Bottom