My 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beeritself

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here's a shot of my 55 gallon about 3 weeks established. For now it's lightly planted, I intend on increasing the number of plants. It's running an Aqueon 55/75 HOB that I am still kicking myself for buying. I will be upgrading to a canister (most likely an eheim 2215, but open to suggestions). The tenants are a blue acara, EBJD, 3 clown loaches, golden red spotted severum, and a multicolor discus (looks to be blue Turk). I believe I will evict the blue acara though. Any input or feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

image-3248919073.jpg

The tank looks really nice. Just would throw out that imo discus should be kept in species only tanks. I could also see the ebjd stressing it.

Beautiful ebjd too! Good luck with him, they're known to be touchy.

The tank looks really nice. Just would throw out that imo discus should be kept in species only tanks. I could also see the ebjd stressing it. Beautiful ebjd too! Good luck with him, they're known to be touchy.

Thanks! I am with you 100% and would rather have a discus only tank, but my wife that's if I was going to take up floor space in the living room, she was going to pick some fish out. Really this tank's purpose is to suck my wife into fish keeping so I can get a 125g.

125g or bust! Let her have the 55g and lay claim to the big dog....

sit in silence

I might have to get it sooner than expected. My wife's favorite fish is a red spotted severum that is destroying my plants. It's either another tank or that severum becomes a discus after a trip to the LFS. She gonna be mad either way, I'm going to have to think about this....

Back
Top Bottom