My 75Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizzard~Of~Ozz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, My 75 Gal with higher light and Co2 injection.

Tank021206.jpg

The powerhead on the right is not connected. the one on the left goes to my CO2 reactor and secondary Filter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
75Gal FW
Pressurized Co2 w/ PH Controller.(KH 4-5 PH 6.6)
Est 4.1WPG(T12 Equiv 308W) 2 T12, 2 2xODNO T8 and a T6.
3 Congo Tetras,4 Cochu Blue Tetras,5 1" Clown Loaches, 2 4" Bala Sharks, 9 Serpae Tetras, 3 Head&Taillight Tetras, 4 Diamond Tetras, 2 BlackSkirt Tetras, 3 crossocheilus siamensis, 1 Albino Cory, 1 Vampire Shrimp, 1 Banana Shrimp(Wood Shrimp Haven't seen him in a while), 1 Red Sailfin Pleco (~9" without tail), ~20 Ghost Shrimp, 3 Black Kuhli Loaches,8 oto's
15lbs Mopani
Lot's of Anubias (Barteri var nana & var barteri), Echinodorus Uruguayensis, Crinum Natans, Rotala Spec Nanjenshan (given to me by the store to see if it will recover in my tank, it's now growing again), Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig', and a Java fern var Windelov that just started growing after a 1 year stunt, Rotala Magenta

Courtesy of a Plant Exchange.
Cryptocoryne parva, Cryptocoryne beckettii, Java Fern and Rotala macrandra

A tank that size with that much light (4WPG Right?) must look awesome in person. People across the street are going to complain at night!! Nice tank.

My tank is in the basement, Keeps the daylight out (don't need any extra light in there) and keeps the artificial daylight in.

FWIW, I love the arrangement right center and hope you let it fill out. Very nice!

I'm trying to let it fill out, but I have to keep re planting the Rotala magenta at the back.. Pleco uses it as a matress at night and rips it all up. for now I added 8 seachem tabs at the back to encourage some roots to get a foot hold.. hopefully.. When I put up the 125, I'll be using a proper substrate, not the resin stuff(junk)

The crinum was a surprise to me, I didn't think it would look as nice as it does. I haven't tried aquascaping this tank since I know I'm moving to a 125.. but I'm glad you like the right side. The left side is overrun with hygro (I'm never buying that stuff again..)..

I can't do anything with the center, esp. at the back. The pleco hides there (if you really want to call it hiding, he's 1/4 the length of the tank).. so for now, it's sides only.

Nice job Wizzard...I like the arrangement of the wood and the crinum.

PS - When you finally decide you're done with the hygro, you know where you can send it. :)

I can't get anything like that over the border. I looked into it when I was going to place an order with AZGardens. I would need 2 permits and there is a chance they could get held for inspection (meaning I get withered lumps of compost)..

The whole back left corner is Anubias Barteri var barteri. There is a piece of wood in there too, but I can't find it. almost every plant that can be tied down, is. Mainly for the pleco.. the peice of wood on the right was a favorite. it has a maze of tunnels through it allowing fish to swim right through the piece. Now, does anyone know how to talk to fish and tell them they can do this? :)

hmmm, Perhaps the post office is the way to go then.. I have no problem shipping them around..

how was the shipping rate? (it's not an expesive plant)

PM coming your way...not fair to hijack your tank thread in this manner. :wink:

Oh, and as for how to train the fish to manuever through the wooden maze? I haven't the foggiest idea. I'm still trying to train mine to swim through a large knothole in my wood...they check occassionally but not often.

Well, I couldn't find my Vampire Shrimp. looked everywhere.. Then I saw an antanae hanging out from the wooden maze.. looks like he's staked a claim on the area.

Back
Top Bottom