my tanks- 37 gal fw schooling tank, 10 gal native tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattAquaBio

Aquarium Advice Freak
my new 37 gallon tank is finally completely cycled complete with danios, sunburst platies, rainbow tetra, and one healing small oranda (out of place i know), and oh yeah, plecos. I'm still working on the deco.
my 10g tank is home to two native fish. A blue channel catfish (3 inches) and a baby bluegill(1 inch) i found injured and got back to health.

Sorry the pictures are a little blurry.

Attachments

• full_tank_view_975.jpg
    full_tank_view_975.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 664
  • danio_school_163.jpg
    danio_school_163.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 652
  • tetra_and_platy_135.jpg
    tetra_and_platy_135.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 651
  • sunburst_school_168.jpg
    sunburst_school_168.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 663
  • bluegill_710.jpg
    bluegill_710.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 667
Well i have always loved fish, tropical and otherwise. During spring break my dad told me that my stepmom had emptied their tank because all the fish got ick and other diseases and died (the tank had been up for about a year, she didnt really have a blue thumb if you know what i mean). He told me to do what i wanted with it. So i cleaned it out, put some gravel in the bottom and put a couple "logs" in for cover. Then i got three bass fingerlings about six inches long and put em in. My dad loves the tank, so a week later i was at the pond again and saw the injured baby bluegill and decided i'd make my own native tank. I converted my 10 gallon to native ^^.

You do know that blue channel cats get huge! Way too big for a 10g. They get anywhere from 15-24 inches. You should seriously consider upgrading if you want to keep him.

Oh, and I'm from Bham, AL....nice to meet ya'll!

Yeah i know, he was a rescue to. I'm gonna let him grow about an inch and then release him. I'm thinking of going to the pond and getting some small plants for the tank, and getting a few more baby bluegill/bream and just making as close to natural habitat as possible for them. Blue gill are pretty hardy fish so i'm more concerned about keeping the plants healthy.
My ten gallon tank is way to small for the catfish's max size, but at the size he is now he'll be content for a little while longer. I'm getting a new 20 gallon tomorrow that i'm going to set up (my girlfriends mom found it in a yardsale for 15$) and as soon as it cycles i'll change them to that one.
When i get out of college my dad is giving me his old 300 gal as a graduation gift lol.
I try to do my homework on my fish before i get them to avoid getting in over my head lol. But thanks for the concern.
Nice to meetcha to ^^.

JustOneMore20 said:
Wow, a 300g. That would be great.
I don't know, my 75 is big enough I have trouble reaching the bottom, I can't imagine maintaining a tank larger in either height or depth. Length I could maintain, but I don't know where I'd put it!

Back
Top Bottom