New 15 g Shellie tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Tuttle

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is a 15 g with fine black gravel, a few plant cuttings, 6 guppy fry, and three male Neolamprologus calliuruses. It's very different from my other tank, in my signature.

Let's see how I do at adding in the pictures.

Attachments

• DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00144.jpg
    DSC00144.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 102
Here's what passes for a close up of a fish for me :)

Attachments

• DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 90
That pumpkin colored patch about the eye is quite nice. This might already be my favorite fish I have--although my neon striped swordtail, neon tetras, and dwarf gourami look quite nice together, and two of my young male guppies are black with red tails. One of those is visible in above the rock in my first post, the picture on the left.

The tank looks great! Those are some cool looking shellies too. I think I have seen pics of those guys, but haven't heard much about them. They are really pretty.

I've added in a bunch more rocks and a piece of driftwood. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

I'm thinking an apple snail and possibly a loach or otto pair could join this tank soon.

Get some ottos because they stay small so you can still get a group of them which they like, loaches like to be in groups aswell but they get fairly big, stick with ottos deff.

Updates from some further scaping

I've added in some driftwood and some more rocks to give the calliuruses even more room to hide.

I'm very tenative about tankmates for these folks even with nothing in with them now other than five juvenile guppies. I keep throwing around ideas like ottos and loaches and then backing down. I've thought of a single julie. This morning, I've already thought pygmy cories or an apple snail. Likely, I'll do little.

Attachments

• DSC00149.jpg
    DSC00149.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 62
Two more....

Attachments

• DSC00151.jpg
    DSC00151.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00152.jpg
    DSC00152.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 68
Three males unfortunately. They are getting along well, but I'm curious to see breeding in the tank....In the end, I might keep these folks healthy and happy hopefully for years and move to kribs or other shellies if they something like multies became a possibility.

Three males unfortunately. They are getting along well, but I'm curious to see breeding in the tank....In the end, I might keep these folks healthy and happy hopefully for years and move to kribs or other shellies if they something like multies became a possibility.

I suggest keeping that tank a shellie tank, those tanks are hard to come along for the most parts, well shell-dwellers are, unless you got a lot of money to spend to order some.

Would zebra danios be a decent addition here? I'm very tempted to get a tiny group (4-5).

I'll confess I've considered a dwarf african frog, too.

Zebra's are hyperactive little buggers.. they are cheap.. and they stay fairly up twards the top of the tank. If you just want something to look at.. get about 5-7 of them, it would harm absolutely nothing... including your bio-load lol

Back
Top Bottom