New 190L (50 US Gal) Corner Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiesto643

Aquarium Advice Regular
So now ive moved house, ive finally been able to get a bigger tank.

New tank was delivered on Wednesday, the Juwel Trigon 190.
IMAG0272.jpg

Set it up on Wednesday, cut the 3D background to size and fit it in, put the sand in.
IMAG0277.jpg

Some decorations, Bubbler etc went in yesterday, then filled it up with water.
IMAG0283.jpg
IMAG0284.jpg

Time to start the cycle, have put a decoration in from my current tank, not sure if that helps at all but thought it might a little.

Havent been able to find a source of ammonia to put in yet, not too sure what my plan is, might just put food in for the first week and see how it goes.

First test today Ammonia 0.25, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 40. (May tap water Nitrate is 40)

Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Any comments welcome, will keep updating as i go along.

:fish2:

Thanks. I haven't quite decided yet, I just got one cichlid in my current tank which I'm rehoming so I can start fresh. Going for a community.

That's my next job while cycling, need to have a think about stocking.

Sweet you should get some cool tetras.

The ornate/candy cane tetra is cool, or you could get neons and black neons would look cool together in a tank. Bloodfin tetras are pretty nice too.

Catfish are nice as well, pretty well any catfish that is small and won't grow more than 4" or so.

and a cool pleco.

Thanks sbruce, the 3d background is made by Juwel, this one is called Rock 600, I got it from a site in uk called seapets, which is where I got my tank from.

Foshizzle, yeah I like the candy cane tetras, had them before, that's a good idea, was thinking of having neons, I guess I could have a school of both. Haven't really thought about catfish. I'd like a cool Pleco but worried it would grow too big, need to research find one that stays smallish. Also saw Plecos in my lfs the other day and all the different species were all over £40! Didn't realise they were so expensive!

Thanks sbruce, the 3d background is made by Juwel, this one is called Rock 600, I got it from a site in uk called seapets, which is where I got my tank from.

Foshizzle, yeah I like the candy cane tetras, had them before, that's a good idea, was thinking of having neons, I guess I could have a school of both. Haven't really thought about catfish. I'd like a cool Pleco but worried it would grow too big, need to research find one that stays smallish. Also saw Plecos in my lfs the other day and all the different species were all over £40! Didn't realise they were so expensive!

Ya, my favourite pleco is the gold nugget, it is so awesome looking but gets big. Costs a lot too. The little ones are about $30-40.

Going to keep my eye on this tread, love your new tank and can't wait to see how it turns out once it's stocked and planted.

May I ask what that setup cost new?

In Australian $ if possible

:)

Sweet you should get some cool tetras.

The ornate/candy cane tetra is cool, or you could get neons and black neons would look cool together in a tank. Bloodfin tetras are pretty nice too.

Catfish are nice as well, pretty well any catfish that is small and won't grow more than 4" or so.

and a cool pleco.
Lovely tank and setup :)
For plecos you could do a bristlenose, bulldog or a clown pleco that's just the ones I know stay small enough for your tank. I have 2 normal bristlenoses and 1 long fin albino plec. The long fins are just beautiful :)

Deborah, thanks, not sure if I'm going to go for real plants, so think the decorations I have are going to be about it, apart from maybe a few silly skulls from my current tank as the fish seem to love them for hiding places.

Cost so far, not including stuff I already have like maintenance equipment/chemicals/testing kit etc, I've listed below all in GBP but I've used 1.5 as a average exch rate to aud.

Tank, cabinet, filter, heater. £500 (aus $750)
Other equipment (bubbler & powerhead) £50 (aus $75)
3d Background £90 (aus $135)
Sand, driftwood, stones, fake plants. £70 (aus $105)
So total about £710 (aus $1065)

Will keep u guys updated, been running a week now, thinking of changing to a fish in cycle and putting my filter media etc in from my current tank.

Defiantly like the idea of the smaller plecos, thanks for the list.

For community fish I would do German blue rams with discus. Would make a beautiful tank love the background

Deborah, thanks, not sure if I'm going to go for real plants, so think the decorations I have are going to be about it, apart from maybe a few silly skulls from my current tank as the fish seem to love them for hiding places.

Cost so far, not including stuff I already have like maintenance equipment/chemicals/testing kit etc, I've listed below all in GBP but I've used 1.5 as a average exch rate to aud.

Tank, cabinet, filter, heater. £500 (aus $750)
Other equipment (bubbler & powerhead) £50 (aus $75)
3d Background £90 (aus $135)
Sand, driftwood, stones, fake plants. £70 (aus $105)
So total about £710 (aus $1065)

Will keep u guys updated, been running a week now, thinking of changing to a fish in cycle and putting my filter media etc in from my current tank.

Defiantly like the idea of the smaller plecos, thanks for the list.

Thanks Tisto,

It's rather pricey, thanks for conversion :) mines cost me so far about $250 Au which is cheaper!

But keen to see yours fully set up :)

Ya, those bow front, corner tanks will cost you a little more.

We got a 90g used for $60, a steal! We spent $45 on a Rena XP3 canister filter. Total setup with with pool filter sand, light for the plants and heater, stand for the tank, etc was about $500 CAD.

Which isn't too bad. If we got everything new it would have been about $1000.

Oh and the fish, let's not talk about those!!

Back
Top Bottom