New 45L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherriff

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-4047607093.jpg

Well I have just scaped my new tank! Just wanted some input from you guys.
So, what d'ya think?
I'm thinking of stocking also so any input towards that would be great so far I'm thinking
1 Betta
Small school of tetra
Shrimp?
Cory?
The question mark highlights my uncertainty for both tank size and numbers!

Thanks to you all!

image-755349875.jpg

With or without the rocks bottom left? What do you think?

And regarding stock?
I'm curious as to wether rams could work instead of a Betta?

Couple FEMALE bettas might be cool but a tank that size cant hold much. How long has it been set up for?

Hmmm, never thought of that.
The tank has fully cycled and had been that way for 2 weeks now.

Love the rocks. Think shrimp would love them too.

Question about your plants, is the one in the back aquatic submersible? I seen them at petco, not sure of the name, but someone told me they aren't true aquatic plants.

Lovely :)
The back plant is just clippings from my bigger tank which has been growing exponentially for the past 4years. I cannot remember the name but I'm assuming after 4years of good growth it is fully submersible. :)

I'm on the app so I can't access the link for it to post for you, but if you go to the AA website there is an article on stocking options for a 10g tank like yours. :welcome: :wave:

Lovely :)
The back plant is just clippings from my bigger tank which has been growing exponentially for the past 4years. I cannot remember the name but I'm assuming after 4years of good growth it is fully submersible. :)

LOL the unnameable plant. At petco it just says aquatic combo xD

I'm on the app also will have to get the laptop out later.
And yeah haha, oh that is such a poor effort on the Petco's behalf!

On a serious note, how overstocked would I be with 8 ember tetra, 6cory (unsure of species) a few shrimp and a Betta?

A good rule of thumb for smaller fish like that would be 1 to 2 per gallon for any of them that wont grow over an inch.

Isnt your tank like a 2 gallon?

Rember Cory Cats like to be with there own kind so get at least 4-6. BTW tetras like a lower PH.:)

Back
Top Bottom